Three || Mochi

-Art by me101093 on Instagram-

[Reference to chapter 107]

A cold wind drifted through the open doors of the vandalised church. Everyone's gaze fell onto one person who stood in the middle of the scene: Mikey.

The Black Dragons had admitted their defeat mere seconds ago when Mikey had finally arrived and beat Taiju to the ground. And to make matters even more fortunate, Draken stood in the doorway, claiming he had taken care of the army of gang members who were outside. Which meant one thing only: after what felt like dreadful hours of getting our shit rocked by Taiju and his gang, Toman was victorious in the end.

"Taiju Shiba lost to you and all his soldiers are defeated. His will to fight is gone." Draken explained casually.

Takemichi's blue eyes expanded in shock, "What!?"

"The Black Dragons are dead!" Mikey said, smiling through his bleeding lip.

Gasps erupted from everybody inside the church as a new found feeling made it's way to our hearts. I exchanged a calm look with Chifuyu next to me, us two communicating our relief simply through our eyes. Together, we all rushed outside the building, cheering and jumping as we went, "Toman wins!"

Despite being beaten half to death, everybody was full of nothing but joy. I smiled softly as I watched the members all talk and laugh about their victory. That was until Takemichi suddenly collapsed.

All of a sudden the blonde fell forward, which startled everybody, but was quickly caught by Mitsuya. "Mikey, Draken, we beat the Black Dragons thanks to you two. But tonight's MVP is Takemichi." Mitsuya's smirk held nothing but pride as he carried Takemichi with his bloody hands.

The cheesy line made everybody else break out into grins too as we made our way through the hoard of knocked out men from the Black Dragons after bidding goodbye to Yuzuha and Hakkai who wanted to stay back for a while.

I was slightly behind the group as we walked. The hit to my knee from Taiju earlier was beginning to take it's toll on me; sure, the adrenaline during the battle allowed me to push through the pain but when I was up against the scar boy, Inui, all that moving and kicking only added to the agony now. A sharp pain surged through my body each time I took a step farther in the snow. I was sure my leg was fractured.

Suddenly, Mitsuya turned around to face me, he was still carrying the unconscious Takemichi. I straightened myself and put on a hard face so that he wouldn't realise I was injured. "I'm going to take Takemichi on my bike, will you be able to make it home on your own, (Y/N)?"

I nodded immediately and told the boy I'd be fine. He thanked me and continued to his bike. A sigh escaped my lips as I watched Draken, Mikey and now Mitsuya with Takemichi, climb onto their bikes.

Mitsuya's house wasn't far from here but despite how short a distance was, he would rarely leave me to walk somewhere by myself. The only reason he did so today was because he needed to prioritise getting Takemichi back to Hina, as Mikey said. He must have not noticed the wound on my leg and I was glad about that because I'd hate to have to burden him. So, sucking in a breath and gritting my teeth, I began limping my way back go the house after the three motorbikes were zooming away down the road.

Just as I had taken a few steps forward, a loud sigh came from behind. I turned around to see Chifuyu standing there, all bruised and battered, with his hands on his hips. I watched in confusion as he said nothing but made his way in front of me and squatted down with his hands behind his back, palms up.

"What are you..?" I muttered hesitantly, the cold weather making my breath visible in the air.

"Get on," Was all he said. His back was facing me so I wasn't able to see his expression which didn't help at all to figure out what he was getting at. Growing tired of my silence, Chifuyu spoke again loudly, "I know you've hurt yourself; you're limping. Get on and I'll carry you."

His words sounded more like a demand than an offer. I wasn't too keen on letting him carry me all the way home, mostly because I didn't want to bother him, especially since he and I were never that close. "I can get home by myself just fine, thanks." I said finally, my tone coming off as more cold than I intended.

Chifuyu looked over his shoulder up at me, his bruised lips curling into a gentle smile. "What kind of man would I be if I let an injured girl walk all the way home on Christmas?"

This guy was an idiot. There really was no getting through his head, especially since he hadn't moved from his position one bit which only showed how stubborn he was about it. His green eyes tore through my soul relentlessly, giving me a strange feeling of inferiority.

I hesitated before limping towards him, the snow swallowing my feet as I took careful steps. I held onto his shoulders and let my hands latch to his neck as he wrapped his arms around my legs. Once he was tightly holding on to me, he stood up.

A regret greater than letting him carry me that night was choosing to wear a skirt. I could feel Chifuyu's warm hands holding my bare, cold thighs. My heart sped up at his touch, it was the first time I had been so close to a boy like this. I couldn't see Chifuyu's face but noticed the tips of his ears were turning red and that gave me enough indication to hint he was equally as embarrassed as me. There we were- just two shy souls who barely knew each other being closer than ever on Christmas night.

"Don't get the wrong idea, I'm just paying you back for protecting me from Inui during the fight," Chifuyu coughed nervously as he crossed the road. He was right, to an extent, I did sort of save him from getting pummelled by that guy. The thought turned my timidness into sass as I smirked in triumph. "But that doesn't mean I'm gonna marry you or anything!" He added quickly, sounding rather flabbergasted.

That sentence made me twitch. Huh? Does he think he's some sort of womanizer that can make me fall for him with the click of a finger? "What the hell are you talking about, you little weirdo?" I sneered at the boy underneath me.

He snapped back immediately, "I'm not weird! Oh, and Takemitchy isn't a moron either! I still haven't forgiven you for that,"

My grip around the blonde tightened just slightly. "You're right, I owe him an apology. He's a pretty cool guy, that Takemichi." I smiled as I thought back to the events which had just taken place: how determined he was, how he never backed down, how he conveyed so much emotion through his words. He wasn't the strongest, I admitted, but he was pretty damn cool regardless.

My thoughts were interrupted by Chifuyu. "Well now that you took back what you said about him, you gotta do the same for me!" I didn't realise he'd whine this much by simply being called a weirdo, maybe he just had some sort of fake pride when it came around to girls. The thought made me chuckle. "Eh? What are you laughing about now!?"

He only made me laugh harder, whether that was his intention or not. "You're a total weirdo." I giggled as the boy became even more flustered at my insults.

Before I knew it, we had passed a familiar grocery store and had now entered Mitsuya's neighbourhood; I could tell it was from the classic sign on that particular grocery shop window which said they sold fresh mochi. Not wanting to make him go any further for my sake, I tapped Chifuyu's shoulder as a hint for him to let me down, to which he did.

"But isn't your place farther from here? I thought you lived closer to the station," He asked, clearly confused as to why I made him let me off so early.

"This is fine. I'm staying with a friend tonight so I'll take it from here." I hadn't realised it began to snow until I noticed the small white particles gently grazing Chifuyu's hair and shoulders. "Thank you for carrying me here." I said finally before flashing a small smile. He nodded at me in a way of saying giving his welcome.

I turned around and began limping to Mitsuya's place which was only a few houses away, until I heard a sudden yell behind me. "(Y/N)," Chifuyu called from where he stood. I looked over my shoulder, blinking twice as I waited for him to say something, and that was when he smiled from ear-to-ear, "Merry Christmas!"

That moment made me falter. I totally wasn't expecting that greeting and especially not with a grin so wide. My chest warmed at the sight of him. So, smiling back just as kindly, I returned the gesture,

"Merry Christmas, weirdo."