R͜͡o͜͡m͜͡a͜͡n͜͡t͜͡i͜͡c͜͡ D͜͡e͜͡c͜͡l͜͡a͜͡r͜͡a͜͡t͜͡i͜͡o͜͡n͜͡s͜͡

Percy's pov
I took Annabeth to one of those fifties diners with the jukeboxes and the bright red booths, it looked like something out of a movie.

Well, technically it was.

Jason found this diner ages ago in the summer of our Sophomore year, Piper was in LA visiting her Mom and Thalia went with her because she didn't want to be stuck with us idiots all summer. Her words, not mine. Jason, Nico, Leo and I got hungry one afternoon so we were gonna get McDonald's but the Macca's was closed for who knows what reason. After a little research Jason found this place called Derek's Delicious Diner, weird name I know, apparently it was from some chick-flick that Jason watched ages ago, he said it was a terrible movie, but we tried it.

It was good.

It was also classy, which is why I brought Annabeth here.

"This place is nice." Annabeth smiled in awe. "Like something out of a-"

"Movie, yeah I know."

"How'd you find it?"

"Jason."

"Makes sense." She laughed.

We walked over to one of the booths, sat down and looked through the menu. Well, I tried anyway, it was hard to focus when Annabeth was sitting across from me. She was biting her glossy peony lips, grey eyes wandering the page. Annabeth's eyes were striking before but the mascara and eyeliner made them even more impressive.

She's so cute.

"Huh?" Annabeth looked up. "Did you say something?"

Wow. Good job, Percy. Why did you have to say that out loud?

"Uh, no, I didn't say anything. Did you? I mean sometimes I speak to myself, but no didn't say anything." I internally groaned, I was not cut out for charming a girl with my smooth lines. Even I knew that much. Maybe I should take tips from Leo? "Do you wanna order?"

Annabeth laughed. "Sure, by the way, you're cute too." She blushed and looked down at the table.

Great, she heard me. Do better Jackson.

"Look at you two lovebirds."

Rachel.

Oh, gods what was she doing here? I mean I know she worked at the diner but it was a Friday night, she didn't have a shift today. Unless she put in a shift because she knew I was going out with Annabeth.

"Oh, hi Rachel." Annabeth greeted.

"Are you two having a good time? I mean he can be a bit annoying but I promise you Annabeth he's actually not a complete idiot."

"Gee thanks Rachel, you are so helpful."

"It's a talent."

"Sure, anyway I thought you weren't working today?"

"I wasn't supposed to be, but I heard for someone that you had a date. And I knew I had to come."

"Let me guess? Leo."

"Yeah, he's terrible at keeping secrets." She turned to Annabeth. "Anyway what can I get for you, Beth? Can I call you that?"

"Um yeah, you can." She smiled and ordered.

After I ordered Rachel, the red-head nightmare, said. "Don't start making out while I'm gone"

"I'm gonna kill you Dare!" I yelled after her.

Rachel walked away laughing.

"I like her, she's... interesting." Annabeth smiled.

"Well, that's one way to put it."