Chapter 15 - Frantically Searching

As I walked up the porch steps to my house I saw a box had been placed on the porch swing where Olivia and I would always sit. I picked it up, no name or address. It was just a box, wrapped in purple paper, tied with a while ribbon. I took the box inside with me.

Once I was in my room I untied the ribbon and unwrapped it. I folded back the lavender tissue paper. Inside was a little purple note card that said, Look by our favorite ice cream shop.

I looked inside, there was nothing else in there. That was it.

I quickly ran down the steps towards the boardwalk and into Freezy's Ice Cream shop. I walked in, but nobody was there. I thought about what Olivia would do if we were in there together, then I realized she would buy some ice cream. I checked by the Rocky Road ice cream flavor, her favorite. Sure enough there taped to the glass over the Rocky Road name tag was a lavender envelope.

I grabbed the envelope and walked outside. I opened it. Inside it read, "Guess what we're going to do today." -Tyler

I looked at it, preplexed. Then I realized it was a quote. Something I had said to her on the beach. What did we do that day? Why couldn't I remember? Surfing. We went surfing that day! I ran over to the surf shop. As soon as I got inside Jonah, the owner handed me my board and said, "Have fun Tyler!"

I nodded, "Thanks."

I ran outside, and ther tapped to the back of my surf board was another lavendar envelope. I opened it, Louie's got a hot pizza waiting for you. Be sure to check the bottom of the box.

I ran to Louie's but it was closed. This had to be a mistake. I read the last note again. Be sure to check the bottom of the box. What? Louie's pizza doesn't come in a box unless they deliver. That's it! I ran home as fast as I could. There, sitting on the door mat was a Louie's pizza box. I opened it but there was nothing inside. Then I flipped the box over. Tapped to the bottom was another lavender envelope. 

It said, Make up.

I ran to Olivia's house and into her room. I walked straight to her bathroom where all her make up was still sitting. Underneath her eye shadow was a small box, purple paper, white ribbon. I walked home and opened it. All that was inside was her necklace. The one she always wears with the rinestone 'L' and the charm I gave her. This can't be right.