Chapter two Visitor

Chapter two

Visitor

I finished rinsing off the last of the dishes and closed the dish washer. Brock was late getting home again. He usually at least called to tell me he was going out with friends after work, but today I hadn’t heard anything. I made up a plate of food for him and put it in the fridge before packing up the leftovers. 

I needed to go grocery shopping, but it was always a risky thing to do when Brock couldn’t go with me. I’d have to ask his permission tonight if I could go alone tomorrow to the store run by werewolf in our pack. I couldn’t go anywhere else with Stephen, and Brock didn’t trust our son with anyone but me, so a babysitter wasn’t an option. 

Walking over to the carseat on the table, I peeked inside to see Stephen chewing on one of his toys. His teeth were starting to come in. His little tail beat against the side. I leaned down and kissed his nose and got a lick in return. 

I unbuckled him and picked him up. His red tail went crazy as he yelped at me. 

“You’re getting so big.” I cradled him in my arm and handed him his toy. I was going to have buy a few more, because he was destroyed it with his sharp little numbs. 

The door bell rang and my breath caught. I dreaded that sound, it just Brock a reason to get angry. Placing Stephen over my shoulder, I went to the door and opened it. “Alpha,” I breathed. “Um… is-is something wrong?”

“No,” he said with a smile, just came by to see the newest member. 

Stepping back, I hugged the pup to my chest. “Sir, um… do you mind coming back when Brock is here?”

“Why?” He pushed opened the door and stepped into the house. “Where is he anyways? I wanted to talk with him.”

“He’ll be here really soon, I think.” I brushed back Stephen’s fur. “He didn’t really tell me.”

“Then I’ll wait.” He held out his arms. “Let me see this pup.”

I was hesitant at first. I was a bit of a over protective dad myself, but in the end, handed over my child to the alpha. He tickled the red pup as he walked into the living room to wait. 

I retreated to the kitchen. “I’m putting away dinner, so…”

“No problem. I’ll take care of this little guy.”

I felt like a nervous wreck and not only because the alpha was holding my son, but Brock would know that I let another man into the house. I found myself re-cleaning the counters and wiping out the sink. My nerves were going to take over. The door opened, and I hurried over. Huddled by the corner, I peeked around to see Brock. He smelt the air and glanced over at me. 

He mouthed to get my ass over to him. 

I did as he wanted. “Alpha-alpha stopped by. He’s in the living room with Stephen.”

Brock’s eyes narrowed on me. “How long has he been here?”

“Twenty minutes or so,” I muttered. “Are you hungry? I put dinner in the fridge for you.”

“Are your stupid?” he spat in a hush voice in my face. “The alpha is here and you ask if I’m hungry. Come on.” He snatched my arm and pulled me along behind him. 

I sat down on the couch beside him and curled into my mate’s side. I knew very well how I was act when other males were around, a clingy mate that hangs on every word their dominant says.

“Brock,” said the Alpha with a smile. “Just came to check on our newest future dominant.”

My mate faked a smile. Brock had made it very clear many times to me that he hated the Alpha, but there was nothing he could do about it so he forced himself to be pleasant. “Yes little Stephen was a wonderful surprise.”