PROLOGUE

POV FIRST PERSON Thursday, 14th March 2024

It's a serene day in my world. At this time, there were still remnants of the COVID-19 virus that rampaged the world in a pandemic a few years ago, but now it's almost looking like my life is getting its grip back to normal again. School has started teaching students in person a year ago, which meant that I was going to college every week since last year. Currently I'm in my house, working as hard as I could on finishing my homework. Since last week I've been getting so much homework that I haven't had any time at all to relax.

Me: (Stretching) Ughh... okay, one more to go. Come on Sarah you can do this.

Since I went to college, I've been living by myself. I work part time on a restaurant during weekends and studying my engineering degree during weekdays. Last week, I got news from my uncle who was serving in the navy that the USS Nimitz (CVN-68) had been decommissioned. Of course, it was sad that my favorite ship is now out of service, but at least there would be another one for me to be happy about. Yesterday, the USS John F. Kennedy (CVN-79) was commissioned by the navy. Watched it live on YouTube whilst eating breakfast. After a few hours, I was finally done with my homework and now I have the time to relax.

Me: (Sigh) Yes! Finally. All the homework is complete. Now I just need to relax.

I thought so for 15 minutes, then the feeling of boredom starts to kick in. I tried to play some games, particularly WoWs and Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts on my laptop but after a couple hours, I was still bored. I think especially for WoWs, I have some friends and a ton of haters. I've been known to be a player intensely siding with the carrier side at the "carrier vs no carrier" argument, so I think that's the reason I got hated so much by a part of the community. I love playing as carriers so much that essentially my session of playing WoWs isn't complete until I have a match with me playing as a carrier. As for Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts, its a singleplayer game so it doesn't matter what other people say. I just use it to entice my creativity.

Me: (Grunting) Ughh...! Is there anything else that isn't boring? There's nothing fun, everything is so boring. Well, I guess I can watch YouTube while I wait. I'm still 20 years old, there's nothing wrong with watching YouTube, right?

An hour later, something popped up in my mind.

Me: Oh yeah, I think I haven't played Azur Lane in a while. There have been quite a few updates though, so it will take a while to load in.

I took my phone, then opened the application. It was so satisfying, being able playing a game I loved for so long, that I didn't realize I've been playing the game for 4 hours nonstop.

Me: Oh, it's already 21.00. I guess it's my time to sleep.

The next day I woke up, I did my usual morning routines. Taking shower, wearing my clothes, eating breakfast. Then, I left my house and went to my campus. I was walking to a bus station, I need to cross a street to get there. I stopped for a second before crossing, looked left and right and made sure that it was safe to cross. What I didn't realize is that an event is going to happen that would change my life forever.

Suddenly I woke up as I felt as someone touching my back. It ached so much that suddenly there was another girl in an elegant white dress.

Me: (Grunting) Uhh.... Where am I?

???: Hello there Sarah, you're finally awake.

(Author: Obvious skyrim reference)

Me: (Shocked) Who are you? How do you know my name?

???: I am the one, the observer of worlds, keeper of the balance across worlds and universes. As to how I knew your name, to maintain the balance of the worlds, one must know everyone inside it as I do.

Me: (Calms down) Okay, so you're like some sort of deity. I'm here, what do you wish from me?

???: Yes. As you can see, a moment ago you were going to your campus. Unfortunately, due to a tragic accident, your body was severely wounded by an impacting truck while crossing the street. Due to your wounds the doctors were unable to save you and you died. Now, before your spirit had left your body, I moved you here. I want to propose something to you.

(Author: Truck-kun strikes again!!!)

Me: Hmm... So apparently, I died. Well since you want to propose something, may I ask what might it be?

???: I propose that you will be given a second chance to live in another world. Just like a video game in your world, exist a world called Azur Lane. An alternate Earth where humanity is almost decimated by an alien species called the sirens, whilst the the survivors have split into two factions and are currently fighting against each other.

Me: Okay...., so you wish that I reincarnate there, after that what am I supposed to do?

???: You must restore peace and defeat the sirens there. To restore peace means you have to fight. Therefore, I have prepared a ship for you from your world. It will be your home and where you will begin. Do you accept this proposal?

Me: (Sigh) Okay then, I accept.

???: Before you begin, remember that you will forget most of this conversation since myself and this conversation will be in your consciousness. Due to the process of activating your consciousness, it will remove some parts of your memory.

Me: I understand, I will attempt to withhold this information as much as possible.

???: Anyways, there will be a letter located at the command bridge to assist you in familiarizing yourself in this world. Good luck and have a good trip!

And then everything went dark

To Be Continued........

Sorry if the prologue is a bit too short. It's my first time writing a story this long so just hang on and I'll try to make longer chapters if I have the opportunity.