Provenance part 4

Alison held onto deans hand as they walked up to the front door of the house. Sam started picking the lock.

"Uh...isn't this a crime scene?" Sarah asked.

"You already lied to the cops. Whats another infraction?" Dean asked making Alison giggle.

Sam finally got the door and pushed it open. They went in and Sam pulled the painting down, setting in in front of them.

Sam looked very closely at the painting, mainly up by the frame.

"Aren't you worried that it's gonna, you know, kill us?" Sarah asked.

"No, it seems to do its thing at night." Sam said. "I think we're all right in daylight."

Alison shifted her head as she held onto deans hand, dean was looking at the copy of the painting.

He noticed on the table in the copy, there was a razor blade. He looked up at the painting, and it was there. But I'm the copy, it was closed, in the painting, it was open.

"Sam, check it out." Dean spoke up. "The razor— it's closed in this one, but it's open in that one." He handed the paper to Sam.

"What are you guys looking for?" Sarah asked them.

"Well, if the spirits changing aspects of the painting, maybe it's doing so for a reason." Dean said as he ran his fingers through Alisons hair.

"Hey, hey, look at this— the painting in the painting." Sam spoke up.

Dean furrowed his brows as he picked Alison up, and moved to his brother to look at the paper.

He looked closely, seeing as the painting in the painting was of mountains, he looked at the painting in front of them, it was of a mausoleum in a graveyard.

"It looks like a crypt or a mausoleum or something." Dean said.

A mauso what?" Alison asked, scrunching her nose up.

"A mausoleum." Dean said. "You'll learn when you're older." He told her.

Dean looked around, then picked up a glass bowl on the table. He got close to the painting, and used the bowl as a magnifying glass to see the name on the mausoleum.

"Merchant." He read.

~~~

Alison played with the collar of Sams jacket as they walked through the graveyard.

"This is the third boneyard we've checked." Dean sighed. "This ghost is jerking us around."

"So, this is what you guys do for a living?" Sarah asked.

"Yep." Alison nodded.

"You don't do anything." Sam stated, raising his brows at her.

"I help!" Alison crossed her arms. "Sometimes." She added.

Sam chuckled and shook his head.

"We don't get paid, so it's not exactly for a living." Sam said to Sarah.

"Well, mazel tov." She said.

Alison furrowed her brows in confusion.

"Over there." Dean spoke up as he saw the mausoleum.

They all started towards it.

Dean got the door open and coughed at the smell that came out of it. Alison scrunched her nose up.

Dean pushed through the cob webs, into the small room. There was cases full of things from the merchant family. The urns sat in front of every item.

𝔸𝕝𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕟 𝕎𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara