Chapter 13. Who to Tell

(Early chapter because my brother just told my family he and his girlfriend are having a baby, enjoy!)

When they got back to the dorms Shinso went to the kitchen to get breakfast for the two of them while Kaminari went up to their room.

Their classmates could probably sense how tense Shinso was and didn't approach him while he put together some eggs and bacon for him and his boyfriend.

Midoriya didn't get the message that Shinso wanted to get back to his dorm as soon as possible because when the green-haired omega saw him he began a conversation.

"Hey Shinso, how's Kaminari doing?" Midoriya asked, leaning against the counter while Shinso flipped a piece of bacon. He seemed anxious, though the reason was unknown to Shinso.

"He's good, just finished with Recovery Girl and is resting."

"Good to hear," he said with a smile. Shinso was expecting him to leave but instead, Midoriya's mood seemed to shift to a slightly more serious one. "You know, I-uhh- I noticed Kaminari's scent getting sweeter," he said in a quieter voice.

Shinso froze. Of course, Midoriya was the first to notice, he was always so observant. What was Shinso even supposed to say to that? Does he deny it? Does he come clean? They hadn't talked about how they wanted people to find out, or who they wanted to know first yet, that's the conversation they were going to have when Shinso got back to the room.

"Just uhh- I support you guys so if you ever need anything, you know where I live," he laughed a little, a nervous thread in his voice, before pushing off the counter.

"Don't tell anyone," Shinso said as Midoriya was about to walk away.

"Huh?" Midoriya asked, missing what Shinso had said.

The alpha turned to look at Midoriya. "I only just found out a few days ago and we haven't talked much about it yet, so just... don't tell anyone. The last thing we need right now is people judging us."

Midoriya smiles a little. "Of course." He looked like he was about to leave again when he said one more thing that stuck in Shinso's head. "We all love you guys, this won't change anything. We're a family."

Shinso watched as Midoriya left and went to find the red and white-haired alpha. Letting out a deep breath, Shinso served the eggs and bacon out onto two plates.

-

There were a few things Shinso had expected to come out of today, but finding his boyfriend crying in a pile of blankets and shirts was not one of them.

"Hey, Denks, are you ok?" He asked worriedly as he put the plates down on the closest surface and went to comfort the omega.

"I-I don't- I don't know how to make a nest," he cried. Shinso pulled his crying mess of a boyfriend into his chest, sighing a little, glad that it wasn't anything big. "I-I've only made a n-nest once."

Shinso rubbed the omega's back. "That's ok, what did you do to make the nest last time?" He asked.

Kaminari shook his head. "I-it was all instinct I-I-I don't remember, I was in h-heat. I-I've never made one on purpose b-but I-I want to cuddle I-in a nest."

Shinso rubbed his back. He had a feeling that if Kaminari wasn't tired and hormonal he wouldn't be crying over this, but that's ok, Shinso had patients, and it was a damn good thing he did too. "That's ok," he said in a soft voice, letting off a soothing scent. "I'll help you."

"Y-you will?" The omega asked, looking up at Shinso with tear-filled eyes.

Shinso nodded. "Though, I've never made a nest so I don't know what I'm supposed to do."

Kaminari sniffed a few times and nodded in understanding.

The two struggled to make the nest. Shinso didn't remember what they usually looked like seeing as he hadn't seen one since he was a kid, but he did his best to help. Kaminari was still sniffing as he set up the blankets and a few of Shinso's shirts, but having Shinso with him helped.

When he was done Kaminari flopped down into the nest making grabby hands at Shinso. The alpha crawled on top of Kaminari, kissing his face a few times, making him giggle, before rolling to the side and wrapping an arm around him. "See? That was nothing to get emotional over," Shinso muttered, pulling Kaminari into his chest.

It was very comfy and Shinso wouldn't let it show but he was very happy Kaminari had scattered a few of the alpha's shirts through it making it smell like him. Kaminari just mumbled something and nuzzled his face into Shinso's neck. For a moment they had both forgotten all about the pregnancy and telling people, they were just there, at the moment, and happy.

There was a moment of silence before Kaminari spoke up. "The eggs are cold."

Shinso was confused by the sudden mention of eggs and pulled away from the omega to look him in the face. "Sorry what?"

"The eggs, you made us eggs, they're going to be cold."

Shinso remembered making the eggs and putting them on the dresser. "Oh, right, I forgot about that. I can go warm them up," Shinso said, about to get out of the bed.

Kaminari's grip around the alpha tightened and he groaned. "No, stay," he said. "You're warm."

"Denks, you need to eat, and I'm getting hungry. I'll only be a minute, I'm not even leaving the room." Like every other dorm room, theirs had a microwave. So Shinso wouldn't have to go far.

Kaminari grumbled something before letting his arms loose from his boyfriend. Shinso went to warm up the eggs and Kaminari pulled the fluffiest blanket over him.

As Shinso watched the eggs and bacon spin in the microwave he remembered the conversation he and Midoriya had had. "I bumped into Midoriya while I was making the eggs," Shinso started, not sure how to say it.

Kaminari hummed a little. "Ok?" He asked, telling Shinso to continue.

"He-uhh- he had noticed your scent changing."

The omega was silent, taking in what this meant. "Has he told anyone?" Kaminari asked.

The alpha shook his head. "No, and I told him not to as well." Kaminari continued to be quiet as Shinso pulled the plates out of the microwave. "So... who are we telling first?" Shinso asked as he sat back in the nest, his back against the wall as he handed one plate to Kaminari.

Kaminari was quiet, thinking over the question. "I... I don't want to tell my parents yet," he said. "But the class will find out soon so I guess them..." he said, staring down at the reheated eggs. "I think the squad first."

Shinso had a feeling Kaminari had already planned most of this out.

"Mina already knows," Kaminari continued, rubbing his face into Shinso a little as he took a bite of his eggs. "I want to tell the rest of the squad apart from the class."

Shinso nodded. "When do we tell them? Your scent will probably give it away soon if we don't tell them beforehand."

Kaminari shrugged. "I don't know, but I want to tell them soon." Shinso nodded. That was probably the best course of action to take, they could figure out the rest after they tell their friends.

As they finished their eggs and Shinso placed the plates on the bedside table another thought entered the alpha's head. "If I hadn't found out, when would you have told me?" Shinso asked.

"I had planned it for this weekend, but that's what I said last month so I don't know."

Shinso stayed silent, taking in the information.

A small knock came at the door making the two look to where the noise had come from. They glanced at each other, both thinking the same thing. This nest was going to give something away and they hadn't even thought of the fact that their friends would probably hang out in their room.