chapter 1

Sergeant Ryan was currently in the armory upon the UNSC Ford when he got called to drop onto a new planet to combat covenant remnants. He was to assist the new ODST squad that was replacing him after the loss of his squad to hunters. He grabbed his silenced SMG, rail gun, and tactical magnum before running off to the drop pods.

He took a few turns arriving seeing the new squad

He took a few turns arriving seeing the new squad. It's name was devil dogs. Known for their hit and run tactics. Reminded him of his squad. Team Angel. They were taken out by an elite weilding an energy sword. He sighed before seeing an engineer being fitted into his pod. After the ark fired many of the engineers who were left behind joined unsc ranks. One such engineer joined angel squad. He was left on the last mission that's why he survived. Ryan sighed realizing this would be his last combat drop. He turned and saw the new squad loading up as the engineer finally got set in place as he loaded in ammo clips and his railgun. He then got in as everything was set to drop. The engineer started to press somethings as the pod counted down. When it finally dropped it shook uncontrollable as he gripped everything tightly. The engineer pressed a few more buttons before a bluish orange color blinded him. The shaking of the drop pod settled down a bit as his decent increased. His view of outside became strange as he say a planet. He shook his head and blinked hard to make sure he wasn't seeing anything. Infront of him floated earth. "What the hell did you do?" He asked looking back at the engineer who purred and cooed. "Well better try contacting an orbital base to pick us up." He flipped a few switches as he tried to find the official unsc station only to retrieve static. "Hello this is ODST SGT Ryan of Angel squad. Can anyone hear me over? I am descending into the atmosphere. How copy?" All he received was static. "Damn it must of knocked radios out if we only got static. Engie try correcting our trajectory so we land in a very unpopulated area such as Texas or so." He said as the engineer nodded pressing a few buttons before flying past some sorta space station.

As his decent continued he shifted slightly before feeling the drag wings kick in slowing him greatly as the blue atmosphere was covered by red flame. "Ah we've entered the atmosphere hang on Engie." The engineer nodded bracing itself as best as it could before impact. He was use to thid and closed his eyes waiting for the pod to hit the ground. Every dropped involved the chance of death and he accepted that. No he wasn't suicidal just understanding that everything could end in a second. He thoughts shifted to what could have been. He could have had a wife and kid by 30 in a nice house on a tropical colonist planet. Instead here he was at age 24 alone with an alien saving life's as best as he could. He was shook from his thoughts as his pod came to a sudden stop. He opened his eyes to see a vast desert. "Hmmm must be in Nevada." He said as he looked back to see the engineer float out and shake a bit. "Welcome to earth. Let's see if we can get ahold of the UNSC now." He pressed 2 fingers up to his ear piece and sent out an encrypted signal. "Hello this is Sgt. Ryan of Angel squad sending out an encrypted signal to any UNSC. I am currently on earth and in a desert. I will be heading to the nearest town to regroup please respond as soon as you can. Over and out." He then put his railgun and smg on his back while placing his Magnum on his hip. "

"Now which way should we go?" He asked out loud as he saw the sun was setting

"Now which way should we go?" He asked out loud as he saw the sun was setting. "Guess we should follow the sun we'll eventually find something." The engineer cooed as they walked forward leaving the pod behind taking everything possible like rations, biofoam, and water.

Up in outer atmosphere the space station intercepted the signal sent by Sgt Ryan. "This is J'onn sending out a message to the original 7 league members we have a situation."