Prologue

My visions have always been a blessing and a curse. To be able to see into the future, even if that future cannot be changed, is a gift. Sometimes they are pleasant images, and sometimes they are the stuff nightmares are made of. I've never been able to control when I receive them, but that just makes what is shown to me more memorable. Yet, I never saw the biggest collapse of my life happening once.

One year ago, I was co-leading the Black Knights as Infinity, and in one glorious day, it all crumbled around us. The hope that the Japanese people had to gain their freedom once more was pull out from under them. The hope that I had for the future instantly burned away as my Geass took control. I was angry and vulnerable at the worst possible time. I almost lost it all. Until I locked everything that was hurting me into a box to open on another day.

I was ten years old when the Holy Britannian Empire invaded Japan. Ten years old when my entire life changed. I had to sit back while my entire life was determined for me over the next seven years. To see my brother join a military that hated him for the blood that ran through his veins. To deal with the hatred I received every time I left our apartment for that same blood that runs through me. To understand that life wasn't going to change unless I made a move.

I've been lying in wait for a whole year as I long for that chance to move once again. Longing to show the world that the Black Knights are not gone. That Infinity is ready to get back to the game she was once playing. To pull a certain Zero back into the game to lead like he once did.

A lot has changed in a year since my heart shattered. I've picked up the pieces and learned to accept what was lost. I have learned to act like my whole time with the Black Knights was forced on me by Geass of the boy I love. I have come to love that boy once more, but he's not the same boy that I knew before the entire school that I attend was brainwashed by the emperor to construct a reality that fits with his plan. I'm the only one who wasn't affected by the madman's Geass; something I believe was possible because I took back control of my uncontrollable Geass. My days are spent between school, student council duties, my job as a playboy bunny with Kallen, and planning the day that the Black Knights return to the world stage. It keeps me busy, and I enjoy it the most that way.

I am Sakura Kururugi, and I am ready to begin Round Two now that all the pieces are falling perfectly into place.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Oh my gosh, I have finally made it to the sequel of Power of the Kings! I hope that you are ready for this journey. I have to say, I remember only a little from the second season of Code Geass, so this is going to be fun for me to write. Also, unlike the last book, there probably won't be flashback scenes in this one. Other than that, look forward to a chapter on Sunday, and then every Friday from then on out! I would love to know what you thought! :D