A surprise leaning on the car.

• Dedicated to @RFrost_

Valkyrie's Pov

----------------------------

I was still numb and i had been like it for a while. I was unable to move, in complete darkness. Left alone with my thoughts. I don't know if i was dead or alive. At first i thought i was in a dream world, i help hearing a voice, shouting out. I knew the voice i recognised it. It kept saying "Valkyrie I love you, please wake up." I knew the voice but i couldn't put a face to it. After a while a could focus in on the sound of a clock. Then time passed. Time didn't matter as i didn't know how long i was focusing for. Time wasn't relevant. 

Then after a while, i started feeling a weird sensation in my fingers. A pain, at least it was something. I was always told if i was unconscious focus on the pain. It would bring me around quicker. I had something to grab now. Pain, it was something to grab onto, so i did. I became aware that i was laying on a bed, my hair tied away from my face. I smelt disinfectant. As i pulled myself along even more i started to surface the darkness. A light i could see faint breaks of light. So i reached for them. Becoming more aware of my body i tried to move. But i couldn't instead pins and needles flooded through my body. It hurt but it was nice being able to feel something once more. "Valkyrie, I love you." The voice again. I hung on to that pulling myself more and more out of the darkness i was just in. I tried to move my fingers and i felt fabric. I felt fabric. "Valkyrie, Can you hear me? I love you" The voice, yes i could hear them. Clearly now. I moved again this time my hand. I clenched my hand. It was stiff but it felt good. Then a herd a gasp. My eyes fluttered open and i was blinded by and artificial light.

It took a while for my eyes to focuss. But eventualy they did. I was in some sort of medical room.

"Valkyrie?" The voice came again. I recognised it this time. "Skulduggery?!" I turn my head in the direction that i herd the voice and sat there was Skulduggery. His suite was blood stained and his hat was crumpled by the side of him. He was a state. He tilted his head to the side as if he was smiling. This sent a rush of warmth though my body. I looked at him for a minute or to. 

"What.. The.. Hell.. Happened?" He looked at me surprised and then looked down at his lap. "Skulduggery, you look a mess. I have a bad head ache. And i don't remember getting to the medical bay. What happened?" He looked at me again. The urge to reach out and hug him was growing ever stronger. I just wanted to be in his arms. But he would think that it's weird and would never think of me in the same way. I just stared at him waiting for an anserw. "Well?"

He sighed. "You ever attacked, we don't know who by, but you were near death. You have been in here for 6 days and i haven't left you. The blood you see is your as i tried to stop some off the bleeding. I sat with you in my arms as we waited for Fletcher, Ghastly and Nye. Then i got myself arrested. Because they wanted to take you away from me. After a few hours of being in bound cell, they let me out and i haven't let you since." 

I sat there for a moment taking it all in. He had just poured what would of been his heart out. I didn't know what to say or do so i reached out and hugged him. It felt nice being in his arms. I herd what could of been a chuckle as i broke off the hug. 

"What was that for?" There was humor in his voice. It make me feel better. I shrugged "Honestly, I don't know." I sat back on the bed as Skulduggery took out his phone to call Ghastly. An hour and 15 tests later i was sat on the medical bench in my usual black clothes, looking at Skulduggery. He cocked his head. 

"What?" He said with a slight chuckle. I laughed realising how hungry i was when my stomach growled. "Can i go home now?" He smiled and lead me out to the Bentley. Leaning against the stunning black car was a young girl with dark. She was a little younger than me. She stood besides something which was in a heap in fount of the car. I looked at Skulduggery who had he revolver in his hand. 

"Please. Don't shoot. It's me." The girl said in a stronge Scottish accent. She sounded in pain and out of breath. "Can you help me please." She was close to tears. I followed Skulduggery who made his was to the car. 

"Raven, What happened, Who's...." He stopped talking looking at the heap closely. 

"Please i don't want her to die, Who knows what that thing could of done to her." She said almost sobbing. I must of looked confused because when Skulduggery stood up he let me see the heap on the floor in more detail. I gasped at the sight. Tanith.. Tanith was lied on the floor.. Right in front of me. I spun round to the sobbing girl. "Who are you.. And what have you done to my best friend." Anger flooded through me and Skulduggery put his hand on my shoulder. 

"Valkyrie, This is Raven Frost. She is Tanith's cousin. And my dear friend she has just brought your best friend back." He spoke happily. And i looked down at Tanith again. She looked a little beaten up but she looked normal at the same time. The anger washed away and happiness flooded in. 

"Raven, Im sure you reconise this girl. And for the record Taniths going to be perfectly fine. We just need to get her inside." Skulduggery said lifting Tanith into his arms. He tilted his head in my direction and walked into the medical bay. I knew what he needed me to do and i was happy to do it. 

Before i followed him in i gestured Raven to follow me. She nodded her head and rushed over. "You Valkyrie Cain, Arn't you." She sounded almost Fangirl'ish. This made me laugh "I am indeed, Have i ever met you?" She looked somewhat embarrassed as she spoke.

"We haven't met as such. I saw you when Skulduggery was sat by the side of your bed." What she had seen me when i was out. A slight blushed threatened to burn over my cheeks.

"Well i hope we can speek again, Go and find Skulduggery he should be near the room i was in. I have to go talk to somebody. I will join you soon." She nodded and walked off.

I was exited about what i had to do. The thought of Ghastly's face rolled across my mind making me laugh slightly. As i passed some soccers i didn't recongnised i got some funny looked. Only if the knew. I approched a door with a golder name plate on titled Elder Bespoke. I laughed again. I could hear Ghaslty inside working on some paperwork. He would like this way more that doing the paperwork. 

I knocked and i herd him shout to enter. I smiled to myself as i walked in. He looked slightly shocked.

"Valkyrie, i thought Skulduggery had taken you home?" I tried to not let the laugh escape my mouth. 

"Well Err no.. We had a surprise leaning on the car." His eyes widened but he didn't speak, so i carried on. "You know that girl Raven Frost. I just met her and she brought someone with her. Granted they arn't awake." Ghastly looked so confused right now. So i gave him a smile.

"What has any of this got to do with me." He was so confused, i couldn't help i let out a small laugh which added to his confusion. "Ghastly... Raven has brought a Renment free Tanith.." I tried to make it sound like we were in a movie. It obviously worked. 

Ghastly looked at me letting the news sink in. I had to catch him slightly as he fell to his knee's, tears streaming down his face. "I bet your glad i told you and not Skulduggery." He laughed and pulled himself together. He took a long deep breath and looked at me. I smiled "Want to go and see her. I don't think she's awake yet but she's hear. Plus i really need a shower so i will get Skulduggery to take me home." We both laughed and headed toward the direction we though they would be in. 

We walked into a room were Tanith lay and were Raven, Skulduggery and Nye were looking at her. I stood next to Skulduggery Nudged his shoulder and smiled up at him. He tilted his head to show me he was smiling back at him and we walked back out to the Bentley laughing.