Chapter 1- Adrien's birthday

*Adrien's pov*

I was sleeping in my room when I heared someone calling me, waking me up.

"Adrien! Wake up sweetie"

It was my mom. I woke up to see her holding a birthday cake with candles. My father was beside her, smiling with absolutely no emotion. Of course I know he is just forcing his lips to form a curve, but I didn't mind. After all it is my 18th birthday.

"happy birthday Adrien", said my father in his normal, serious tone.

I blew the birthday candles and the first thing I did was pull down my shirt a bit to see my soulmate color.

"pink" I whispered.

"well my soulmate will by hard to find. Almost every girl in Paris loves pink"

My mother looked at me and said, "yes but it's a different shade of pink. You see Adrien, A lot of people may like pink but they love different shades of it. There's magenta, hot pink, light pink and so on."

"Only one person is destined to have a specific shade of favorite color. Your soulmate likes baby pink", she added.

I replied, "Ok. I'll try to find my soulmate today. Hopfully it's someone I like." Like ladybug, i thought to myself

*ALL ITALICS ARE THOUGHTS. EXAMPLE: HELLO*

There was silence in the room while we are eating breakfast. Until my father broke it. "Adrien, have you recieved an object your soulmate has lost yet?"

I said, "no not y-" I got interrupted by something falling out of nowhere.

"a white thread?" I said curiously.

"your soulmate must have lost that. Looks like she likes sewing" my mother told me.

"well at least she can help at the company" I replied, after the breakfast. I went to school.

*time reverse to when Adrien woke up.*
*marinette's pov*
I surprisingly woke up early to finish the dress I am currently making. I went to it and I grabbed my white thread whenmy phone rang. I placed the tread somewhere and picked up my phone. It was Alya, my best friend.

"hey girl"

"hey alya, what's up?"

"you woke up early. That's what's up."

"ha ha ha", i said sarcasticly.

"kidding. I called to tell you it's adrien's birthday"

"I know it's his birthday Alya, And if you called to tell me i should by him a present, well no need for that, after all, I do have a hundred presents made for him until his 50th birthday remember?"

"oh yeah. That. Well, see you in school i guess. bye"

"bye"

now where was I. Oh right I was stiching this dress. I'll just grab my thread and-

I grabbed it and realized it wasn't there.

"UHHHH I LOST IT AGAIN.", i shouted

My mother shouted to me "you lost your white thread again didn't you?"

"YUP, JUST GREAT"

She went up my room and told me, "you always lose your threads, why don't you buy a container for your threads late on after school"

*A/N, YES I KNOW MARINETTE ALREADY HAS A THING TO PUT HER THREADS IN BUT LETS PRETEND SHE DOSENT FOR THE SAKE OF THE STORY (Also i have a great idea in mind that will involve the buying the container thing later)*

"ok mama" I said.

After that I went to school.

*lila's pov*
I saw adrien walking to school and knew it is his birthday.

"Is that a thread in his hands? Adrien does not carry a thread while walking to school so his soulmate must have lost it" I whispered only for myself to hear.

I have to find a way to see his soulmate color and pretend he's my soulmate so I can marry him and become rich.

*3rd person pov*
Luck was on Lila's side because a strong wind passed and adrien's shirt lifted up a bit to reveal his pink shoulder. Lila caught a glimpse of it and knew how she will work her plan.

She approached adrien and said, "happy birthday adrien!"

"thanks lila"

"I lost a thread. A white one. Have you seen it? Also pink is my favorite color"

Adrien showed her the thread and she claimed it was hers. Lila continued, "omg adrien you're my soulmate? This is the best day ever. Ohh class is starting I'll see you there bye". She winked at him and ran to class.

Adrien thought to himself, why? Why? Why? Of all the people in paris, Lila? seriously? Not having a soulmate will be much better than her.

Adrien walked to school, sad

Marinette and alya saw the whole thing and marinette cried immediately to Alya's shoulder.

"alya why does it have to be like this"

"i'm sorry girl"

"now adrien will never be my future husband"

"soulmates are the better half of each Other. Nino is my soulmate and lila is adrien's soulmate so you just have to accept it. It's not like you can do anything about it can you?"

"n-no i cant"

"your soulmate will be better than Adrien. Dont cry, tomorrow is your bithday after all"

They went to school and marinette is ofcourse, Sad.

853 words. (not including this and author's note)

A/N:
Chapter 2 will be posted later or tomorrow. I cannot update everyday since I have school. Read my other story "maybe she's not just a friend". I hope you like it. Bye❤