Chapter 12 - THE NEWCOMER

A young man aged around 18 or 19 moved into a caravan next to Ryan and Arnie. It appeared that Ryan and Arnie already knew this man and he enjoyed a drink and a joint as much as they did. His name was Darren and George didn't like him either. If he was a friend of Ryan and Arnie then George didn't like him. But only a day after he arrived George saw something that made it appear that maybe Darren wasn't such good friends with Ryan and Arnie after all. He was walking Timmy on the clifftop when he spotted the three of them having an argument. Ryan and Arnie then attacked Darren and started to beat him. George rushed over with Timmy.

''HEY STOP THAT!'' he yelled at Ryan and Arnie ''LEAVE HIM ALONE''

''We'll talk again later buddy'' Arnie told Darren in a threatening tone and he and Ryan walked off.

''Are you alright?'' George asked Darren

''Yeah'' he panted ''thanks for helping me''

''I hate those two, such thugs and bullies. I thought you were friends though?''

''We were but let's just say that  Ryan and Arnie are highly strung and I've really upset them. I'm sure we'll sort it out later''

''I wouldn't want to sort it out if they beat me like that, I'd never want anything to do with them again'' 

''Let's just say I'm the forgiving type as long as they are willing to make amends'' Darren said cryptically.

George thought this was all rather odd. Something very strange was going on between these three men. He still didn't like Darren and felt that the three of them were into something nasty and they had fallen out over it.