IV : THE BARONESS

PARTNERS IN CRIME;
act 1, chapter 4

by: _amaranthine02

•●•●•●•

Horace's knuckles knocked wildly in the glass window that bounds him and the sleeping Eron, destined to wake him up.

Eron's breath fogged the glass by his breath, his snores clearly audible for them to hear. While the soundly asleep (Y/n) was sprawled on top of his chest. She holds the whiskey bottle loosely with her left hand. Both were drunk and surrounded by newspapers on the floor.

Horace knocks again, even louder. Eron exclaims in shock, moving his head groggily. The girl still was asleep.

"Why'd you go to sleep in a window?" Horace asks. Beside him was a concerned Jesper and a ton of photographers and journalists behind them.

Eron tries to shake (Y/n) from her drunk slumber, which she did.

"Goodness, my head hurts." She groans, trying to stand up from Eron's frame who's cheeks were now burning by what position they were in.

She looks at the crowded people outside the window and the the gorgeous mannequin, fabulously styled with newspapers. The wall designed with marker drawings and in the glass window were words written with lipstick.

They could hear faint clicks of the cameras right outside.

"Oh..." she trailled off, probably wonderstruck by their creation. "Oh, but seriously how much better do you look?"

The girl tries to stand up, just in time the dook creaked open to reveal their Manager, Gerard. He shrieked at the frenzied, newly-organized window. Completley taken aback.

"No! No." He bursts out. Just as he saw the people outside, he made an effort to gain his composture, giving a small smile and greeting.

He hid his fuming face just behind the door, not daring to look at the two. "Out! Out!"

"Oh farts." Eron groans, slipping away from the girl. He helped her stand up from the messy sheets of newspapers stuck on her clothes as they made a run outside.

"Come with me." The manager hissed, grabbing the two by their back collars.

Eron accidentally steps on the trashbag, bringing it with him with his feet.

"Leave the bag."

The manager suddenly bumps into Horace, "Thousand apologies."

(Y/n) and Eron were too late to say anything as Horace waved the manager's leather wallet and kissed it. Jesper walking right in front of him.

"I'm calling the police, vandals." Gerard grips their beige uniforms, the two struggling to make their steps as they followed his.

A worker with a suit came close to them, clearly worried. "She's coming! The Baroness. She's out front."

"What?" Gerard stopped, harshly pulling the two aside.

"The Baroness." He repeated.

"She's coming!" The manager calls, clapping his hands in signal.

Just in time, the two got out from their manager's grip, running towards a safe hiding spot.

"No." Gerard grunts loudly when they saw them gone in their spot.

The duo slips in behind the glass box filled with jewelry. Jesper slips in just in time with them.

"Hello. Is there a, uh, back way out, or..."