Chapter 12 | Husband

"Is there a cafe nearby this building?" Kinza's voice stops me from signing the paper. "I don't think we have any cafe nearby. Why?" She squints her eyes but nods. "Then how are these people who are working here drinking juice and coffee?" She questions me as if I'm clueless.

Of course, we have a canteen in this building.

"We have a canteen on the ground floor," I tell her, something which I didn't know would light up her eyes. "Really? I want to have coffee. Can I go buy some?" She asks for my permission, so I nod at her, and she quickly stands up to leave the room with a bright grin.

"Hey, at the corner on the right, we have a coffee machine on this floor. You don't need to go downstairs; you can make one here," she gasps at my new information. "God, for a second, I went through severe stress at the thought of taking those stairs again... Thank you! You are the best!" She happily nods at me, thanking me in the cutest way, which flutters my heart when she throws a wink with an audible "You are the best."

I never thought girls can get happy at such small things. Or maybe I guess she is an exception.

Kinza كنزا

I happily walk out of his office room, feeling less suffocated and uncomfortable in this environment now after opening my heart to a man for the first time in my life!

I never thought speaking to a man is a hundred times better than speaking to a girl. I swear, it's just a different feeling that the heart goes through when you ramble up everything but see him silently nodding, unlike girls who interrupt and start lecturing, and sometimes when they get bored of our speech, they act as if they're listening. But he was literally smiling at me!! Damn, that smile... it killed me. That arrow went right through my heart when his laughter reached my ears for the first time.

With a grin plastered on myself, which I am not able to wipe, I walk through the hallway feeling like a boss. When I see everyone working and I am walking like I own this place, I can mentally hear that song being played in the background, 'I am a bitch, I am a boss, I am a bitch and a boss, I'ma shine like a gloss.' I giggle at my mental self but make my way towards the right.

"Excuse me?" A young girl who looks older than me by just two or three years walks past me, so I stop her.

"Yes?" She gives me a smile, and I gladly return one. "Can you tell me where I can get coffee?" She nods at me and points at a wooden door. "There." I quickly thank her, but she waves her hand, telling me it was no big deal.

"Are you new here?" Huh? What should I reply to that? "Yes," I nod honestly. "Which department?" Department? What department? "I-I don't know?" She scratches her neck, confused. "Oh, you don't know... okay, if you need any help, just look out for me. I am Kayla." She grins at me, and I grin back before shaking her hand.

This creature here is a nice one.

"Anyways, I work at this booth, so you can just jump here anytime," she points at a nearby table, which is way too untidy with so many papers here and there.

"Yeah, I will," I nod but wave my hand at her before walking towards the wooden door to go have my love.

I open the door to see an empty room with four coffee machines. How to use these coffee machines now? I thought coffee was made by boiling milk and adding coffee powder. That's it! How do I make coffee with a machine now?!

I crouch down to the level of the machine, which is just two inches below me. But I somehow feel tall after looking like a lost cat in front of my built-up husband; I feel tall now.

"What should I do with you?" I press a red small button, which I guess is used to turn on the machine, but a loud gasp of surprise leaves my lips, and I abruptly take five steps back when the machine vibrates, and some sound, which my ears have never witnessed, reaches my ears. And then I see smoke coming out of the machine, goodness I didn't even do anything!