Chapter 11 | Rambling

"Huh? Yeah, I can see you're angry. What's wrong?" I take a step towards her, and she quickly looks away, clearly upset.

What is this? Now what should I do? Ignore her? Ya Allah, take me away before I yell at her for irritating me.

My eyes widen on their own when she wipes her eyes, and I catch a glimpse of tears flowing as she turns her back to me.

Why is she crying now?

"Hey... why are you crying? Will you tell me what's wrong?" She sniffs and rubs her runny nose, so I pick up some tissues from the table, and she quickly snatches them away.

"The food must be cold. Eat first," she says in a low voice, and I'm unsure what to do next. I have never confronted anyone before. Why would I? I don't have any friends, so I don't know what confronting someone even means.

I look at the lunch bag, feeling hungry, but I'm puzzled between talking to her and eating. After debating in my mind for a couple of seconds, I pick up the bag and gently press my palm against her lower back, subtly urging her to move forward. She flinches at the sudden touch but soon relaxes and walks towards the small couch in my cabin.

The feeling of awkwardness fills my heart, as this must be the first time I'm eating lunch with a woman in my cabin.

"Tasty smells fill my nostrils when I open the box, only to find many different types of food. I take a peek at the girl who is sitting silently with her hands together on her lap. She looks around the room, admiring this beautiful office, which is my second home.

I don't waste any time but dig into this delicious-looking food, which tastes just as good as it looks, maybe even better. I silently enjoy my food, but something stirs inside me, and the angel within me scolds me for not asking Kinza if she had eaten.

I wipe my lips before speaking, "Did you eat?" She shakes her head sincerely, and I mentally curse myself for not being a gentleman and asking her beforehand. "Why? It's already two." My eyebrows furrow in confusion, and somewhere in my heart, someone tells me that this lunch was for both of us because the amount of food packed is not for a single person.

Now what? Should I follow this 'sharing is caring' rule?

Before I could act like a gentleman against my will, she speaks, "I had my breakfast just a few hours ago, and I'm not hungry. I'll eat later." She relieves me from the tension I was feeling at the thought of acting like those cheesy couples who feed their partners. Hell, I'm not made for those types of acts.

I nod at her but fill my mouth again. "How is it?" She smiles at me, and her swollen eyes make her look even more beautiful. "Good," I nod before searching for the water bottle, but soon I hear her sighing. "Good? Do you know there is something called 'complimenting others just to make them happy' exists in this world, and you can take part in that too... it doesn't cost dollars." She rolls her eyes, looking annoyed at a high level. "Sometimes you really get on my nerves," she mumbles, and the next sentence, which was more like a whisper but audible to my ears, makes me choke at her sudden bluntness. "You are such a rude jerk."

My throat tightens, and food slips into the wrong pipe at her sudden outburst, and soon the sound of heavy coughing fills the room. "Ya Allah," a gasp leaves her lips, and she quickly moves forward to help me. Her small palm rubs my back up and down, but that doesn't help me. My face turns red from coughing, and my throat hurts, tears sting my eyes automatically, and I force myself to open my eyes when something wet presses on my lips. I see Kinza holding the water bottle near my lips, and I let her come closer. She lifts the bottle up, and I gulp the cold liquid down.