Chapter 7

(Y/n) was having tea with her sister, Nifa.
"I want to tell you about something" (y/n) began the conversation.
"What is it? Got drunk again?"
"No no!" (Y/n) said, laughing. "I have a date next Saturday."
"Oooh! Tell me everything" Nifa was excited for her little sister.
"His name is Zeke Jäger. I met him at the Halloween party that I went to, I've told you about it"
"Yeah yeah. He's name is familiar"
"He's the big brother of Eren who works with me. But Zeke owns his start up. He works in the same thing as us"
"Ok, interesting"
"Do you think it's ok to date him?"
"Why not? It is just a date, (y/n). Don't overthink it and put your expectations so high. Just enjoy it"
(Y/n) just sighed.
"You're so focused on your work. You need to have a life other than that" Nifa continued. She didn't know about the date with Erwin, and it was four months ago anyway.
"I think you're right. I have to stop my childish fantasies I think" (y/n) said, a little frustrated.

The thing is, despite being 23 years old now, having a job, and living alone, she was still struggling to figure out the world, To understand what does it mean to be an adult and that not all dreams come true.
All her life, she wanted to find true love and settle down with a decent job.
Maybe dating wasn't a big deal for other people, but for her, she didn't want to waste time and energy like that.
But she decided to do it anyway and see what would happen, maybe it's not as bad as she thinks.

***

It is Saturday now. (Y/n) is in her room getting ready for the date. She chose to wear a blue blouse with white skirt and a black coat.
Zeke has sent her the location of a restaurant about 20 minutes away from her apartment.
Although (y/n) stopped thinking about Erwin, this date kept reminding her of him.
'Erwin came and picked me up'. She knew that she shouldn't compare them, it's unfair, but she can't help it so much.

At 7 exactly she was there. She called him.
"Hello, Zeke"
"Hey (y/n)"
"Where are you? I've arrived"
"Oh, shit. I'm so sorry. I'll be late for 10 minutes"
"It's okay, see you then. Bye"
"Bye bye"
'More points for Erwin, He's never late.' She sighed and picked a table to sit.

After 18 minutes he showed up.
"I'm so so sorry, I was bringing you flowers. I tried to pick the most beautiful ones and still couldn't find some that go with your beauty"
'Agh, here we go again'
"Thanks Zeke, I like them." (Y/n) replied, not buying his sweet words.
"Hey, I'm really sorry. It's our first date and I don't want to ruin it"
"Then you would have shown up at time and not making me wait"
"Mmmmmm, what can I do to make you forgive me?"
After moments of silence (y/n) sighed and said: "it's ok. At least you brought me flowers" then she smiled at him, trying to lighten up the mood.
"You look perfect. I told you, you would look great in anything you wear"
"You look good too." she said, looking at him.
"So how are you, and how is work?"
"I'm fine and the work is fine. But let us not talk about our work, ok?"
"Why?"
"Ummm hello??? Did you forget where I was working?" (Y/n) said, mocking him.
"I see your point but I don't see that's a problem. But yet it's up to you. Whatever makes you comfortable, baby"
"What's with you and the sweet talk?" (Y/n) said, blushing a little.
"I just know how to deal with beautiful ladies like you"
(Y/n) rolled her eyes faking annoyance, but she really couldn't help smiling. He sure knows how to deal with ladies.

"Shall we order?"
"Ok, I will take.."
And they continued talking for almost 2 hours. He is a sweet guy who can listen and remember the details, which made (y/n) really like him.

"I really had a good time tonight" He said, holding the taxi's door for her.
"Me too" she said, and she meant it.
"Shall we do it again?"
"Mmmm, I'll think about it." she said, playfully.
"Don't let me wait." He said in a cute way like pleaing.
"Good night, Zeke"
"Good night, baby"

(Y/n) got home feeling happy. She really enjoyed spending time with Zeke. But she was having that strange feeling about him, like a bad vibe. But she decided not to let it ruin her happiness for now.

***

Zeke took her for another date after a week, this time he wasn't late. He arrived after her though.
"Hello, baby girl. I'm on time." He said while taking a seat.
She smiled:
"Yes you are."
"Did you miss me?" He said, confidently.
"So much that I couldn't sleep." She replied, playfully.
Then the date continued as the previous one, they talked about general topics, and he took every chance to flirt with her.

They were leaving when he said:
"Let me drive you home."
"I thought you didn't have a car?"
"I was having it mended the last time."
"Aha, let's go then."
They got into the car and he started driving.
She noticed multiple things: firstly, he didn't wear his seat belt, secondly he drove recklessly, and lastly he was cursing a lot when some car got in his way. She didn't feel comfortable.
When they arrived, (y/n) was about to get out when he held her hand and said in a sweet:
"Hey, wait. Come here."
She looked at him and he reached for her lips to kiss her, she hesitated for a second then kissed him back.
Although he didn't smoke a cigarette while they were together -because (y/n) doesn't like it- she could still taste it in his lips, and she didn't like it.
"Good night." He said and winked, making her smile despite everything.
"Good night, Zeke."

***