Chapter 6

Yall, don't crucifie me for completely changing the damn story, i got a wild imagination apparently. Always Feels like im on drugs when i write for this shit.
Also i was unsure on including the first part, but i feel like it was needed to show at what state Aether currently is in, cause lord, he be going through it.

-×*×-

"Come on, Aether! You're already late!"

Aether hurried to tighten up his hair in his usual braid, as Piamon continued to impatiently float around him.

"Come on, come on!"

The golden haired boy never felt the need to punch something more than what he was feeling right then, as he quietly cursed his hair for not cooperating with him, and sparing him the headache.

Paimon was already doing that for him.

It had been that way since the moment he woke up in the morning of the damn day. His mind constantly over thinking about the numerous ways that today was going to go wrong, and Paimon seemed more on edge than he had ever seen her. Something was obviously bothering her.

And he had a couple of guesses of what those things could've been.

Ever since his little talk with Yae, things just went even more off the rails. When he found out that Yae was practically the Archon, or Ei, assistant, he got even more deeper in the situation. Deeper than he wanted.

Aether unfortunately had a bigger heart that he would've wished he had. A heart too big, with too much kindness in it, and he didn't know how to act. Literally didn't know how to handle it.

He could go on and on about how tired he was of solving every damn nation problem, with basically nothing in return. But his poor, innocent, gentle self would always give up in the end.

But, still, he was tired. So tired.

And truth to be told, he didn't know how much he could take. The few good times he experienced on his journey sadly didn't make up for the bad times.

And if the borderline deadly battle with the Shogun wasn't enough, a second, even more deadlier one came.

What a surprise, right?

And he couldn't even say that he was doing all of this shit against his will.

After Yae had talked to him to him about the Shogun 'rough' history, he couldn't help but feel compelled to help. To help Yae, help the Shogun and help Inazuma.

It was just in his nature. It was just who he was.

Times like those always brought him back to what Lumine was always saying.

That he was too kind for his own good, that his inability of saying 'no' was going to be his end.

That he was going to be his own downfall.

Aether thought that she wasn't too far off from what had come to reality.

"Aether!"

Aether jumped in his place, realizing he spaced out. Again.

It seemed like a normal occurrence for him recently.

"Here, i'm done! Calm down-"

He didn't even had the chance finish his sentence, as his floating companion grabbed him by the hand, forcefully tugging him.

"Paimon! God, what is up with you?", his words came out harsher than he meant, immediately feeling guilty when he saw his floating friend flinch.

"I'm sorry, Paimon-", he kept his tone hushed and gentle, "But really, what's going on with you?"