two

"Remind me again how you made your fortune, Stark?"

"I'm sure is he still made weapons, Stark would be neck deep-"

"Wait wait wait, hold on, how is this about me?"

"I'm sorry, isn't everything?"

Natasha Romanoff thought she was standing in a room with adults, but apparently she should've known that having Tony Stark in the room would turn everyone into argumentative toddlers fighting to be heard over one another.

She didn't know what it was, but something was making her even angrier over the situation then she knew she should've been.

"I thought humans were more evolved than this," Thor broke in with a short laugh, ignoring the constant bickering of Steve Rogers and Tony Stark. It was Fury who turned to the god, outrage present in his eyes.

"Excuse me, did WE come to YOUR planet and blow stuff up?"

"Did you always give your champions such mistrust?"

"Are you really that naïve?" Natasha broke in this time, the rage bubbling up inside her growing worse by the second. "Shield monitors potential threats..."

While madness descended upon the rag-tag team aboard the helicarrier with Nick Fury, a lone carrier hung in the air ominously in the sky.

Inside, Clint Barton was suiting up his men, his normal eyes glowing a bright blue in contrast, just as everyone else around him. Comms called out their position as his mean relaying the plan back to them, before turning to Clint for more instruction.

"Our goal is Loki," Clint relayed to them. "That's the mission, we get him out. Break up the team, kill them if you have to. You find Natasha Romanoff, you leave her to me."

"No," a lone voice spoke from the shadows of the ship, long legs stalking through the shadows as the men stood a little taller in fear. Eleanor Roberts looked up to Clint Barton, the black mask around her eyes highlighting the bright blue orbs that matched the rest. Her red stained lips turned up into a smirk. "You leave her to me."

Inside of Banner's lab, things were only going more and more downhill for the people Fury wanted to be a team. Steve Rogers and Tony Stark were at each other's throats, and no one was sure who would strike first.

"Put on the suit, let's go a few rounds,"

"You people are so petty... and tiny," Thor laughed as Fury watched Bruce Banner cautiously, turning to Natasha.

"Agent Romanoff, would you escort Dr. Banner back to his-"

"Where?" Bruce interrupted them, cocking an eyebrow at the director. "You rented my room."

"The cell was just in case-"

"In case you needed to kill me, but you can't! I know! I tried!" for the first time in a while, the room fell eerily silent and Bruce sighed, looking around at the group. "I got low. I didn't see an end, so I put a bullet in my mouth and the other guy spit it out! So I moved on. I focused on helping other people. I was good, until you dragged me back into this freak show and put everyone here at risk! You wanna know my secret, Agent Romanoff? You wanna know how I stay calm?"