one

Natasha Romanoff had much better days in her past then the one she was currently having, or more so, had been having for the last few days

Natasha Romanoff had much better days in her past then the one she was currently having, or more so, had been having for the last few days. Her focus should've been on the group around her: the living legend super soldier, the god from space, and the man who turned green more often than he would like to.

Her mind was elsewhere, though, and had been since she got the news.

"Loki's gonna drag this out," Steve spoke to the group, a frown ever present on his face as the monitor clicked off, separating them from the live feed of Loki trapped inside of his on board cage. "So, Thor, what's his play?"

"He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard or any world known," Thor explained to the group. Natasha nodded along, barely registering their words, while her eyes stayed trained on the table in front of her, She toyed with her fingers, moving the gold ring that laid on her right hand around until the tiny sun faced her once more. "He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the earth. In return, I suspect, for the Tesseract."

"An army? From outer space-"

"So he's building another portal," Bruce Banner spoke, cutting of Steve's questioning words as he pieced it all together, looking to Thor. "That's what he needs Erik Selvig for."

"Selvig?"

"He's an astrophysicist,"

"He's a friend," Thor spoke back to Bruce, looking down to the floor at his feet as he reminisced on something, before Natasha finally chose to chime in.

"Loki has him under some sort of spell, along with two of ours," Natasha stuttered for a moment, her finger moving back and forth over the tiny sun in her ring. "Clint Barton and my sister, Eleanor."

"Sister?" Steve chimed in.

"Not by blood," Natasha commented, eyes never leaving the table be her. "Keep up, super soldier, not important right now."

"Anyways..." Steve trailed off, bringing himself back on topic. "I wanna know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here."

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki," Bruce chimed in once more with a short laugh. "That guy's brain is a bag full of cats, you could smell crazy on him."

"Have care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard, and he's my brother," Thor spoke to the man, Natasha's eyes leaving the table for the first time as she looked to the god

"He killed 80 people in two days,"

"...he's adopted,"

Whether Natasha knew it or not, it was obvious to those in the room that her mind was elsewhere. Steve Rogers picked up on it the most, curiously eyeing her even as Tony Stark entered the room, insulting all those around him with a single remark while he engaged with Bruce Banner on the topic of Iridium. Steve's eyes trailed curiously down to the ring she toyed with, tilting his head slightly.