Chapter Five

Hunter's P.O.V.

We searched and searched but we never found her. When she didn't want to be found, she made sure she wasn't.

About two weeks after she left we got a letter from her telling us that her and Charlotte were fine, that she missed mom and dad and a bunch of other things about her days gone. There was no return address and no way of contacting her or finding out where she was.

We kept searching but never found where she was, but every two weeks she would send a letter and pictures to show how big she was getting.

It had been a month and a half and we were waiting for her next letter and pictures. Mom came into the office waving the letter around, "It's here." She squealed.

She opened the letter and read it to us while I took the pictures to look at them. She was getting so big but that's not what I noticed first. Usually she was taking the pictures standing in front of the mirror but this time someone took them for her.

Who would be taking the pictures?

My mother squealed and I looked over at her, "She made me an email address and a Skype account. She says she emailed more pictures and videos of her time away. She said she added me on Skype so we can talk face to face."

"Hurry up and get on it, I want to talk to her." I told my mother.

She did and when we didn't get an answer from Kinsley, disappointment washed over us. "Well lets check the emails." Dad said.

Mom logged onto the email and there were tons of emails from her. We opened all of them and looked through the pictures first. Most of the pictures she had taken herself but the more resent one were taken by someone else.

When we got to the last three pictures there was a Guy in them, He had light brown hair and eyes. In one of the pictures he was kissing her cheek, in another one they were making faces at each other and the last one he was holding her belly looking at it lovingly.

My heart clenched, that should be me with her! That's my daughter and my mate, not his! I balled my fist and I punched the wall, "How could she do this!" I yelled.

"Do what." Mom asked.

"Get a boyfriend, let him take my place! That should be me! That's my daughter! That's my mate! They are mine!" I snarled.

"Hunter calm down. You don't know that there is anything going on between them, they could just be friends." Dad said.

I nodded and took deep breaths, "You're right, she wouldn't do that. Lets watch the videos." I said.

"How about be wait until later." Mom said, looking at me worried.

I knew what she was worried about, she was worried that Kinsley and that guy were dating. She wanted to screen through the videos first, "No lets watch them now."

Mom looked over at dad for help, "Let's wait." He said, but I shook my head.

"No, I want to watch them now."

They sighed and started playing them, at first it was just Kinsley in the mirror, she turned in all ways so we could see how big she was. She just told us everything that was happening with her and Charlotte. How Charlotte was health and everything was looking good.

As they went on she was no longer in front of the mirror but in front of someone as they filmed it. My heart went cold as we watched the last video though.

The video started and Kinsley was smiling rubbing her belly, she did the same thing she always did. Told us how everything was going, she showed us what Charlotte was going to wear home from the hospital.

"And this is the cute matching hat." She held up a little pink flowered hat. "Isn't it cute." She giggled.

"Sweetheart, don't forget about the little booties." The guy behind the camera said.

My heart froze, she was with him? "Oh crap, thanks" she said and pulled a pair of little booties from a bag to show show them. "What would I do without you?" Kinsley said to the guy behind the camera.

He laughed, "You would do just fine without me. The real question is what would I do with out you?"

"What you did before you met me." She shrugged.

"My life wasn't very good before you, the only thing I had was my mother and half siblings and I didn't see them all that much." He told her.

Her eyes filled with tears "I mean that much to you?" She asked.

"You know you do. You also know I love you."

She smiled "You know I love you too, Conner."

He laughed, "Yes I do, now no crying, silly girl. You know I don't like when you cry, there should always be a smile on that beautiful face of yours."

She laughed and wiped her tears "I can't help it, it just happens."

"Come here." He said as he lowered the camera.

I heard her walk over to him, then heard as he kissed her. The camera dropped to the ground and She started giggling. "Stop, Conner." More giggles "Stop tickling me, please."

"Okay okay." He chuckled.

Kinsley picked up the camera "You're going to have to edit that." She told him.

"I don't know how to edit videos." He said.

"Neither do I." She sighed, "We are going to have to make another one."

"Why? You don't want your mate to know I'm here?"

She snorted, "He wouldn't care."

"Then that one is alright to send."

"Alright. Lets go get something to eat, I'm hungry."

"Anything for you and princess Charlotte."

She laughed, "That's right." She said right before the video ended.

She was wrong, I did care. She was mine, they are mine! Everything my mother said about her waiting me was a lie, she didn't want me then and she doesn't want me now.

I stomped over to the door, "Where are you going?" Mom asked.

"She never wanted me, mom, that video proves it. I'm not going to wait around hoping one day she will finally want me." I said before walking out off the office and slamming the door shut behind me.

------

VOTE! COMMENT! FAN!