Logan Howlett - Old Friends

I woke from my nap to a thundering sound on my front door. Glancing at my alarm clock I checked the time. Who the hell is at my door? I dragged myself off of my bed preparing myself to interrogate the person who has decided to attempt and break my door down. How can a person knock this loud?

  I whip the door open seeing the two men who were bursting my eardrums. "Uh can I help you?" One man has ruby red glasses paired with jawline that could slice someone in half. The other is a older bald man in a wheelchair. He looks at me with a kind smile and I can't help but return it.

  "Hello dear, are you Y/N?" It was the bald man who spoke to me first. Although he acted like he already knew the answer to this question. Glasses is just starring at me with a blank face. A little weird if you ask me.

  "Yes, is there something you need?" The old man, who was seemingly unfazed by my question spoke once again.

  "Hello my name is Professor Charles Xavier. I am here in regards to your mutation. I run a school for the gifted and I would like you too join me at the school. That is if you are willing to." How in hell does he know I'm a mutant?

  "What makes you think I am a mutant?" The kind man looks at me with a smile. 'Nothing is hidden from a telepath'. Damn. He just spoke to me without opening his mouth. That wasn't even the weirdest things I've experienced either.

  "My dear, I would like to take you to the school I run and help you train your abilities. Only if you are willing." I guess I should go. I mean what's there to loose? He seems kind enough.

  "Okay, let me get my stuff and we can go." I grab my phone and wallet before locking the door behind me. This might be a stupid idea. Oh well, I'm already going.

————————————————————
Time skip to the mansion————————————————————

  I walk into the school that's full of many new faces. There is students all over many rushing to their next class, others just lounging around. Some of them look a little peculiar but it doesn't bother me one bit. I see a woman with fluffy platinum blonde hair walk down the stairs. She makes eye contact with me and smiles with her shiny white teeth.

  "Hello, I'm Ororo Munroe. I can only assume the professor has brought you here." She interlocks her hand with mine and I feel a small shock. She seems to have this electric aura around her. I would love to learn more about her, but the professor is waiting.

  "Hi Ororo my name is Y/N. I would love to talk, but I believe the professor is waiting for me. I do hope to speak with you another time." I flash her a smile and  quickly rush off to follow the professor. For someone who can't walk he's very fast.

  I walk into what I presume to be a office and the professor wheels himself behind a large oak desk. I cautiously take a seat in the chair across from him. The room has a calming feel that sets my nerves at ease.

  "So Y/N, what is your mutation? I am extremely curious." I look into the professors piercing eyes for a second or two. I quickly change our surroundings to a dark spruce forest on a foggy day. The eager professor looks at the trees with a small smile. "An illusionist I see."

  "I also have a immortality factor. It's not as enjoyable as most believe." I look around the the dark forest before I change it back to his office. "Life isn't as interesting after many years." I stay seated as the professor gets a far away look in his eyes.

  "I have just called down one of my colleagues, he has a healing factor that makes him live a seemingly immortal life as well." I haven't seen anyone like me for a long time. It might be a nice pace of change.

After a few seconds of waiting with professor I heard a door open. The professor smiled at the person entering. I turn my head to see who has just walked through the door. "Out of all the people the professor could have grabbed it's you." Logan?

"I assume you two know each other?" Logan. He owes me 20 bucks. Wow he looks the same, I wish I still looked the exact same. Logan stares at me like I've just grown four heads. I didn't change that much did I? He's always been a little dramatic.

  "We're old friends. So Logan how have you been?" He just starred at me, is he okay? He tries to form a sentence but fails miserably. I've never seen him like this, is he blushing?

  "Y/N, I haven't seen you in so long. Um, I'm doing okay. Are you going to be staying here?" He struggled to get his sentence out, stumbling over his words multiple times.

  "Well I have some things to do so, Logan can you show Y/N around?" Logan quickly nodded and gestured for me to follow him. I swiftly got up and flashed the professor a grin just before following after Logan.

  Logan took me around to show me the classrooms in the school. As we walk he informs me that he teaches history. He then takes me to meet the older houseguests. I recognize Ororo from earlier in the day. We gradually make our way out to the garden.

  "So where have you been all these years? No one could find you." I gave Logan a small smile. After a incident happened I went into hiding to protect myself and my friends. Unfortunately that meant I had to leave Logan behind.

  "I am sorry Logan, I really am. I had to go into hiding and I couldn't put you in danger." I had been in hiding for a long time Logan must have been worried about me all these years. I felt horrible.

"Promise not to leave me again?" Logan looked at me with a face of desperation.

"Never again." Logan sat on a stone bench placed between the greenery of the garden. I slip next to him and lay my head on his shoulder. Oh how I missed this. I missed watching the stars with him after long days, it was a reward for making it through the daylight.

"I missed you Y/N."

"I missed you too Logan."

————————————————————
1144 words

So enjoy this💪 Let me know if this is horrible. Vote and Comment xx

P.S. I will try to update regularly
*Edited* 11.11.22