Chapter 3

Dark brown eyes shifted from left to right as Courtney patiently waited for the new student to arrive. Part of her duties as a Student Body President or so she was told. In her hand, she held a package for Nikolai Hale. She tried her best not to look uncomfortable, but she disliked interacting with people she did not know. When a familiar jeep and a silver Lexus ES pulled into the school parking lot, she relaxed a bit. Sonali got out of the Lexus with a bright smile while Jasper talked to who she assumed was Nikolai.

Courtney looked at the unknown male and felt her heart stop, he was tall standing at probably 6'5. His shirt was not tight, but it highlighted his frame he had a slim but muscular build and dirty blonde hair that looked as if he had just rolled out of bed. Everything about him screamed perfection yet Courtney knew better there was no such thing as perfection. Taking a deep breath, she walked over and greeted them "Good Morning Miss.Volturi, Jasper is this Nikolai?"

They all nodded before returning her greeting as the guy question seemed to avoid looking directly at the girl. Courtney however wanted to go back to her painting and tried her best to stay cordial. "I'm Courtney the girl who's supposed to give you the tour today but seeing as Nikoli looked at Courtney and smiled before answering "I would prefer that, thank you for asking."

Courtney smiled while trying her best not to swoon internally or externally. She had never felt drawn to a person before and around Nikolai it felt almost like an urge or a need to be in his presence. She felt more drawn to him than expected and it bothered her more than she could let on. Yes, their family was attractive but why did she feel so drawn to Nikolai a man she hardly knew? She then smiled and quickly walked off her hands shaking at her side she needed to be alone.

"Hey Courtney, wait up!"

The call made the girl come to a sudden halt and paint her usual loving smile on her face. She turned to see Sonali walking over to her, the outfit she wore was stunning like that of the day before but in the shade of dark blue and gold. The older girl handed her a familiar History book. "Thank you for loaning them your notes. We really appreciate it."

Courtney smiled as she accepted the book and slipped it into her bag but before she could say thank you Sonali walked over to Jasper. Looking at the couple she couldn't help but compare them. Both were tall but Sonali still wore heels that helped her reach his neck while Jasper was tanned as if he was constantly outside, Sonali was paler in complexion which provided the perfect contrast. Even though their personalities suited each other honestly, they were perfect together. Looking at the rest of the family she noticed the perfection they had and how they suited their partner perfectly. Even if they were all adopted which didn't make sense to her.

Nikolai watched as his mate observed his coven and smiled before walking inside. She was beautiful and seemed to be a nice person, but he was nervous about approaching her at all. Sonali smiled at him before leaving to start work while Jasper just patted his shoulder "Let's go". The two men walked into the first class on Nikolai's schedule. Jasper glanced at the hybrid briefly when he noticed the way Nikolai seemed to tense yet he just sent him calming waves. Who knew vampires could get anxious?

Sonali however was a lot more cautious walking into the first history class for the morning she smiled at the students before glancing at the file in her hand and letting out a disappointed sigh. It seemed she would be taking over the class today, glancing at the notes left she mustered up a smile and wrote one word on the board before turning back to the students.

"Can anyone tell me what genocide means?" most of the students ignored her while others continued to slowly file into class, but Sonali was no pushover. "How many of you need to pass this subject". Suddenly eyes were on her filled with wariness, but the woman just smiled "I already have my degrees and a job, so I don't need to be here you however do. None of these impacts me just know when the parent's meeting is called, they will hear the truth from my mouth as I don't care whether you like me or not."