Chapter 34: "I love you."

"Hey," I hear Austin's voice as the door to my room opens

"Hey," I hear Austin's voice as the door to my room opens. "Hey, who let you in?" I ask. "Bryan did," he says and I nod. I walk up to him and wrap my arms around him. He drops the overnight bag in his hand before holding me tight.

"You okay?" he whispers and I nod. "Thanks for coming over," I say. "Anytime shorty, anytime," he mumbles.

For a few seconds, we just stand there holding each other before Ace starts barking and he jumps on us, wanting to be part of the hug too. Austin chuckles before he removes one arm from me and pets Ace.

"Hey, buddy," he says to Ace and Ace barks, happy at the attention he is getting. I yawn into his chest and he rubs my back. "Sleepy?" He asks and I shake my head, "Just tired," I mumble.

"You wanna change into your doughnut pajamas before bed?" He asks and I blush as I recall the time he saw me in my doughnut pajamas. "Shut up," I mumble and he chuckles. "Aus, do you have a spare shirt I could wear maybe?" I ask shyly and his hand that was rubbing my back stops for a second before he continues.

"You want to wear my shirt?" He asks his voice slightly husky and deeper. "Mhm," I mumble. "I have one in my overnight bag," he mumbles and I nod. My hands fist the back of his shirt as I yawn yet again.

He kisses my hair and laughs slightly and only then do I notice we were swaying softly subconsciously. "Think it's time you change and we get ready for bed," he says and I nod.

♡♡♡

I'm nervous.

I don't know why. Maybe it's because I'm going to be sharing a bed and probably going to be cuddling with my boyfriend for the first time or it could just be that I'm feeling very overwhelmed from everything that has happened today.

"Indes, you almost done in there?" I hear Austin ask. "Almost!" I call out. I pull on the hem of Austin's shirt that I am wearing.

His shirt reaches just a few inches above my knees, covering the pajama shorts I'm wearing underneath. I tie my hair in a ponytail before opening the door and walking out of the bathroom.

There is Austin, half lying-half sitting on my bed, one hand of his is holding his phone as he scrolls through it while the other is stroking Ace's fur. His eyes lift up from his phone when he hears the bathroom door close.

His eyes look me up and down before he smiles slightly. "My shirt looks huge on you," he says and I smile.

"I know, but it's comfy." and it smells like you.

I giggle as I wrap my arms around myself, hugging myself.

He presses the button on the side of his phone before dropping it to his bed. He makes grabby hands towards me and I smile making my way to him. Once I reach the bed he takes a hold of both my hands, pulling me down on the bed next to him.