Chapter 6: "Oh, for the love of God. It wasn't a date!"

"Alright listen here

"Alright listen here... Amanda." I hear a high-pitched voice say from behind me on Monday morning. I furrow my eyebrows and close my locker before turning to face... Britney Smith. "Britney! H-Hi. Also, my name is Indiana not... Amanda." I correct her. She rolls her eyes and crosses her arms on her chest, the two girls behind her doing the same.

Britney Smith. The queen bee, in our school. She is the cheerleading captain and is probably the most 'hottest' girl in our school, as she likes to claim. Britney is very popular around here. And she changes boyfriends the way you change clothes, if you can actually call them 'boyfriends', they are more of... sex buddies. The amount of hearts she has broken is uncountable. The two girls behind her are also part of the cheerleading team, I think the red head on her left is Natasha White and the bleached blonde on her right is Charlotte Johnson.

"Yeah whatever. Anyway, all I am here to tell you is Austin is mine. So back off." She scoffs as she rolls her eyes at me again. Geez, I wouldn't be surprised if her eyes got stuck in the back of her head. "I am sorry, what?" I ask genuinely confused.

"Are you like deaf or something? I said, Austin. Is. Mine. So back off." She repeats. "Um yeah sure. Anyway, I got to go to class. Bye!" I say and am about to brush past her before she grabs my arm and pushes me against the locker. My eyes widen and I look up at her, she glares down at me so intensely I almost cower back.

"I don't want you anywhere near him. Am I clear?" She hisses. As her grip on my arm tightens making her long nails dig into my skin. "W-What do you mean?" I ask. "I saw you both at that small little café on Friday after school. It's so obvious you like him. Well listen here, he doesn't give a fuck about you and never will. We have history and something happened so now he is just playing hard to get and trying to make me jealous." She spits and both the girls behind her smirk at me. It's history for a reason, I almost blurt about.

"I think you have got it wrong. I am just tutoring him." I whisper trying to pull my arm away from her. "Yeah right. Listen here Amanda or whatever your name is, stay away from him. He is mine. If I see you near him, trust me it won't be good." She growls before leaving my arm and walking away.

I sigh and pick up the books that feel out of my hands somewhere in between from when she pushed me into my locker. Just as I am picking up my last book, I see huge Vans appear in front of me. I look up and find Austin looking down at me. I stand up, making sure all the books in my hands are arranged properly and don't fall.

"Hi." I smile, he nods before his eyes dart down to my arm and he looks back at me with a raised eyebrow. My eyes go to where he was looking and I see deep nail marks from where Britney was holding my arm. "Oh that." I mumble.

He gives me a stiff nod and by the looks of it urges me to tell him what happened. My eyes go around the hallway, before they land on Britney who is talking to some guy who happens to be on the swim team. Her hand is on his arm and she throws her head backs and laughs, the guy is blushing and one of his hand is rubbing the back of his neck nervously. As if sensing me looking at her, Britney turns in my direction she gives me a fake smile before her eyes land on Austin who is still looking at me and then her eyes turn hard and she glares at me.