1 - Discovery

Ash Ketchum. This name brings hope to every corner of the Pokemon world. From his home town in Kanto, to the hotter, more relaxing Alola Region, this young man has saved every continent on the map.

Now, Ash has turned 17 and is deep in slumber. Pikachu, Ash's signature companion, is quietly purring whilst bopping up and down due to his owner's excessive breathing. The boy's height was one of an adult. He was six foot one, meaning that he was on the taller end of the male spectrum. 

Above him was a 15 year old boy, and new friend of Ash. Goh and his Cinderace had met Ash whilst riding Lugia, which was not new for our hero. Since Goh was only 15 compared to Ash's 17, his height and physique weren't quite up to standard.

However, Goh had forgotten that this Tuesday was one that would teach him about Legendaries, and his fateful companion Mew.

"C'mon Goh! What if I can teach it a new move!?" Ash shouted running behind his friend.

"I don't care! I'm not lending you Cinderace for the day!" The trainer blabbered on whilst sprinting around the lab.

The pair of researchers had been awoken by Professor Cerise a few minutes before. He had slowly opened the door to their bedroom and cringed as it creaked, worried that it would wake Pikachu and Ash as they were not his targets.

With coffee in hand, the Professor knocked on the door a couple times followed by whispering to the young boy. "Hey, Goh. Weren't you meant to be going to school today? You said you had a test that you just couldn't miss..."

Professor Cerise frowned at the lack of response but soon found that the teenager was in fact listening, as he suddenly woke up and basically fell from his bunk. "Ouch!" Goh shouted.

"What the hell Goh!?" Ash complained as Goh had woken him up.

"Hahaha, you two are suddenly so lively. But Goh, you really do have to get going!" Professor Cerise reminded.

"Yeah, yeah... I know" Goh huffed as he picked himself up from the floor and suddenly dashed to the bathroom, now excited to get the day started.

"Ugh, how can I get back to sleep with all this noise??" Ash grumbled, tossing and turning in bed.

"Hey, Ash. I was wandering if you wouldn't mind taking care of my Pokemon today! I can't cause I'm at school!" Goh spluttered whilst frantically hobbling around in the bathroom.

Professor Cerise looked back at the bedbug, "what if you do some training with Sirfetch'd? I know Goh won't mind you training with his Pokemon!" He suggested.

And just like Goh, Ash beamed with energy leaping out of his bed and running around the room like a Pichu. All of course, happened whilst Pikachu was startled and was thrown off of Ash's stomach causing him to roll on the floor, muscleless from the early arrangement.

"Hey, say hi to Chloe for me!" Ash said whilst waving to his friend as he started heading to school. He had walked Goh over to the observatory planning that he could get an early start to training. Ash wandered into the huge glass dome as the controlled climate, energised air and peaceful Pokemon welcomed him in. He breathed for a moment, getting a feel for the tranquil atmosphere before ruining in with a trolley. The boy brought out a huge cart filled to the brim with trays of Pokemon food, soon after scattering them around the enclosure gifting every one of his friend's Pokemon some delicious breakfast.

"Damn, this place hasn't changed a bit!" Goh stated standing at the entrance to his school. He smiled, before reaching for a pokeball. "Cinderace, come on out!" He shouted and the fire type looked around curiously.

"Cind?" The pokemon questioned his trainer awaiting an answer.

"This is my school! I used to come here all the time, but stopped to focus on my research! Come on!" Goh shouted as he trotted into the gates to 'Vermilion College', awaiting a warm welcome back.

At first Cinderace wasn't a fan of the space. It was crammed with lots of kids and some adults, making him feel quite uncomfortable. The Pokemon saw a pebble on the floor and flicked it up with his foot, before juggling it whilst still walking next to Goh. This seemed to take it's mind off of things, calming it down; however, soon the pressure flooded back as an absurd amount of attention hit the Pokemon and his trainer.

"Hey, is that Goh?" A kid with glasses asked. He was in a group of about 6 other guys and they were all huddled in a circle underneath a large tree.

"And, is that a Pokemon walking next to him!?" Another shouted in awe. Finally, Goh came into earshot with the group and realised who they were.

"Yo, Cinderace! They're my old friends, wanna go say hi?" Asked Goh as he asked careful that his partner was fine with the idea.

"Cin! Cinderace!" The Pokemon shouted in excitement. And with that, the pair ran towards the tree sheltering the group of friends.

"Yo! Goh, it's been so long!" The kid with glasses commented, embracing his old friend.

"Yeah, man! It's so good to see you!" Another kid complemented.

"Listen, all of you. This is my partner, Cinderace!" Goh introduced. His friends looked at it in awe, clearly fascinated that it belonged to their old pal.

"I haven't seen it before!" One spoke.

"It's a starter from the Galar Region!" Goh announced proudly.

Since Chloe was a regular at Vermilion College, she was seen as an unofficial scholar. Because of this, the girl was sitting at her desk way before Goh had even thought about his first period.

"Hey Chloe, didn't you say you were friends with Ash...?" The girl next to her asked.

"That's right!" Chloe smiled.

"How much do you know about him?" She continued.

"Not much, we don't really talk a lot, and have only known each other about two months. What are you getting at, Rose?" Chloe asked intensely.

Rose flipped her phone around so Chloe could see it, a livestream from Alola was on and the sound was turned up.

"It was here that Ash Ketchum from Kanto won the very first Alola league. This boy is a global treasure as he has partaken in 7 other leagues around the globe, and has saved the world numerous times from disastrous catastrophes. For example, a year ago, Ash was a huge help in destroying the threat of Team Flare, and their attempt to recreate the world we stand on..."

Chloe's eyes widened. "Woah, I didn't know he was so accomplished."

"I was wondering... can you ask him if he could come in tomorrow, if he isn't involved with research, that is. I'm actually a big fan of his!" She giggled.

"Sure, I'll try... but I don't think that Ash will be the best at doing work on something that doesn't involve running."

Meanwhile, Ren was walking through the observatory, nervously avoiding all of Goh's Pokemon. "Uhh, hey Ash! We need you back in the Research Lab!" He shouted.

"Kay, I'll be there in a minute!" Someone shouted from behind a small forest. Ren curiously started edging towards the source of the response to see Sirfetch'd and his shield stuck in Ash's shirt.

"Hahahaha!" Ash giggled in his usual hyper tone, before he noticed a confused looking Ren standing before the scene.

"How did this happen?" He asked.

"Dont ask!" Ash replied still with a tickling sensation on his back.

"Listen, Ash. We need you to go to the Kalos region!" Professor Cerise explained, placing an image of Shalour City on the hologram.

"A sudden drop in temperature has occurred at Shalour City, and even snow has started to fall randomly! We know Goh isn't with you for this mission, but we hope you can find the reason for the problem by yourself!" He continued.

"No problem. Korrina's there, so I might be able to ask for her help!" Ash replied with confidence.

And with that, Ash ran to Vermilion Airport, got on a plane and flew all the way to Kalos, excited for what was lying ahead.