Yes

YES

"What is this, Mr.Sharma? What has happened to you?" My boss shouted at me.

My hands curled into a fist and I closed my eyes. 

"Keep calm. Keep calm. Keep calm" I kept chanting under my breath.

"Are you even listening to me?! Mr. Anmol Sharma I am talking to you!" He continued shouting.

"I quit! I quit this boring job and this stupid work! I quit!" And with that I picked my bag and stormed out of the office, ignoring my boss's astonished face.

When I exited the building, I hailed a cab and gave an address to the driver that I never had the courage to do before. As the cab started, my thoughts drifted from my dramatic exit to my old friend, Amar.

Amar had always wanted to be a musician. He had an amazing voice. And I wanted to be a guitarist. Our love for music brought us together.

"We'll be rockstars" He always used to say, and I always agreed, lost in my dreamland, with concerts and fans. But one day he made the mistake of repeating this in front of his dad.

Amar had just turned seventeen the day before. When he told his dad, he became furious. He wanted Amar to be an engineer. And my father agreed with him. We were both scolded and sent to our home. That day, in the late hours of the night, I was woken up by Amar, who had climed inside through my window and was standing beside my guitar, with a travelling bag in his hands. That sight confirmed my worst fears. He was running away.

"Come on! Let's run away. You and me together." He said.

"No, I can't. I can't run away. This is my home." I replied frantically.

At first he looked angry, then resigned.

"Alright. But that won't change my decision. And remember, I would always be waiting for you." And he was off.

"We're here." The cab driver said, bringing me out of my memories. I paid him and made my way into the hall, fighting through the heavy crowd to reach the stage. There I saw Amar, eyes shining and a huge smile on his face, as he waved to his fans. Our eyes met. He looked surprised, but pleased. He held out his hand to me. I nodded.

"Yes"