Chapter 19: The Team

Chapter 19:

The next thing I knew, I heard shots coming from different sides of me. I looked around. I saw JJ, then I looked to the next person... Another man... Emily showed me a picture of the BAU team, and it looked like their unit chief... I think they called him Hotch? Next to him was Derek? Rossi? Tara?! They were all shooting at the same time. There was more... Spencer... Alvez, Simmons? I looked at two other people, and there was a girl with short hair... but I didn't remember seeing her in any of the photos...I saw her aim directly at Clyde standing right next to me. She pulled the trigger... Headshot... "Damn... badass..." I thought to myself as I quickly ducked down.

I saw Doyle point the gun at Emily, and I quickly ran up to him pulling my handcuff chains around his neck and pulling him back.

"You're outnumbered now you son of a bitch" I yelled as I pulled him back tighter. I saw him reaching for my chains, but I continued pulling tighter, till his elbow hit my stomach. It caught me off guard, and he finally got on top of me, beginning to choke me. He picked my head up and slammed it back down to the ground.

"I'll kill you both, your team is weak." He said sternly.

Everything began to become blurry for a second, and the sound of bullets was all over the room. This was the end, wasn't it... I finally began to stop fighting him, until I felt his grip let go.

When I slightly opened my eyes, I saw a silhouette blur of Emily and JJ standing on top of him, Emily pointing the gun. She quickly dropped it to the ground and ran down to me.

"Y/N... baby girl, hey... we did it... We're okay..."

I tried to say something but nothing could come out of my mouth.

"We did it?..." I thought to myself.

I saw her call on hotch, and the rest of the team. They all ran down, and the medics finally arrived to help me and Emily to the hospital.

I blacked out on the way to the hospital, but I woke up inside of a hospital room. I quickly got up. I saw the girl who shot Clyde run into the room and alert the team that I was awake.

She quickly walked in and asked how I was feeling.

I looked at her confused.

"I'm Elle Greenaway..." She said in a very gentle tone.

"Where is Emily?.." I said trying to process what all had happened.

"She's okay, thanks to you," Elle said.

I nodded. "I need to see her," I said, trying to get up.

"No no y/n, you hit your head pretty bad, the doctors still need to do some checkups on both of you."

She laid me back down, and I watched the team walk in.

Garcia quickly pushed through everyone holding a cup of tea.

"Here you are sweetheart, this should help.." She said, handing me the cup of tea.

I thanked her and put the tea on the table.

"So it's all over? Doyle is gone? And who is Declan?"

"He's gone..." Hotch said. " Declan is Doyle's son, and Emily was trying to protect him... again..." He continued.

"Is he okay?..." I asked, concerned.

"He's in the room next door getting checked on. JJ is with him right now."  Elle said.

I nodded and closed my eyes. I couldn't stop thinking about Emily.

The next thing I knew, I woke up to Emily holding my hand. I quickly got up and asked how she was feeling.

"I'm fine love, I'm just happy you're okay... Doyle got you pretty good..." She said, holding back her tears.

"Emily... I'm okay...as long as I have you, and know you're safe... I'm so sorry for doubting you..."

She shushed me and kissed me quickly.

"I love you, and you had every reason to be skeptical. I had no right to keep secrets from you... I just wanted to protect you, but you're stubborn." She said smiling.

I laughed and put my forehead against hers.

"I love you," I said.

"I love you more," She said, smiling.

"How is Declan?..." I asked.

"About that... I have to talk to you about that..." She said nervously.