Chapter 15// Off The Case

I made it back to my hotel, I paid the driver and gave him an extra $20 for being so patient with me. I walked up to my room, and quickly packed my luggage, and went down to the lobby. I asked for another room on a different floor, paid, and went up to my new room. I

As I walked in, I began to let out emotions that I had kept inside for the last hour. There was sadness, anger, regret, jealousy. I cried into my pillow, wondering what this Jennifer had that I didn't.

About 25 minutes after I checked into my room, I began to get phone calls from Emily. One after the other. It didn't stop after the first 2. The ringing kept going. I would decline, The phone would immediately ring again. I began to get swarmed with texts from Emily.

"Love? Where are you?.."

"Please tell me you're safe"

"Y/n..."

"Dear God where are you"

"Y/n... Please tell me you're safe."

"I'm calling Clyde... "

"Please Y/n pick up the fucking phone..."

"Please be okay..."

My phone rang again and again.

I sobbed uncontrollably as I hated how worried she was but I hated how used I felt.

I was exhausted in every way possible, so I began to slowly close my eyes.

The next thing I knew I was waking up at 6:30 in the morning to a loud banging on my door. I quickly got up and looked through the peephole. It was Emily.

Shit... At this point, I didn't want to see her.

I didn't answer and walked back to my bed as I heard her talking through the door.

"Y/N?! If you don't answer this door, I'll have no choice but to kick it down... Don't think I won't..."

I quickly got up and opened the door. Expressionless, I stood there as I saw her face. She looked like she had been crying, but she also looked angry.

"Jesus Christ y/n... what the fuck?! I thought Doyle found you...Or something horrible happened."

I looked down and back up at her.

"How did you know I was here..." I said crossing my arms, avoiding eye contact.

"I asked the front desk lady... She told me your room number after I showed her my badge." She said, still concerned.

I shrugged and walked away from the door, leaving it opened cause I knew she'd wanna come in.

I saw her sit down on my bed, and I began to change into my clothes.

"Y/n please... talk to me...." She said biting her fingernails.

"Did you sleep with her?.." I said with tears in my eyes, looking back at her.

She stopped biting her nails and looked up at me.

"Wha-- JJ?" She paused. "Okay, can we talk about something else... Like why you would just up and leave? I'd rather not discuss her right now..."

I shook my head, staring at her in disbelief.

"I followed you, Emily... And I saw you walk out with her. I know you're still in love with her." I said angrily.

She shook her head.

"Y/n... Please... Just give me some time to explain eventually but not now... Can we please talk about this later? I don't wanna lose you. I love you."

I didn't know what to believe at this point.

"You should've thought about that before you went to see your ex-lover... I'm off the case...I'm done with this...All of this." I said as I grabbed my purse, and walked out, slamming the door behind me.

I paused before walking any further down the hallway and literally felt like I couldn't breathe. My heart was shattered at the fact that she couldn't even talk about what they did. I leaned against the wall of the hallway, put my hand over my mouth to keep myself from crying too loud. I finally gathered my emotions a few seconds later and began to walk to the elevators. I walked to the closest coffee shop, sat down, and tried to find ways to get my mind off of her.

I looked at my phone again and got another text from Emily.

"I love you. Please don't ever forget that y/n."

"I promise you I have never loved anyone more than you."

"I understand why you're upset and maybe one day you'll understand."

"You made me the happiest woman in the world."

I quickly turned my phone on Do Not Disturb and ordered a coffee. 

I tried to keep my mind off of her, but everything I thought of had something to do with her.