Poem 2: The Unknown

Hello, it's nice to meet you, but I can assure you it won't be nice to meet me.

Why? Well I thought it would obvious, don't you know who I am?

Well of course you don't, with a solid foundation, no one can detect me.

Some people don't even know I exist, I defy almost all of the five senses;

No one can hear me,

No one can smell me,

No one can touch me,

No one can see me,

But I can promise you everyone can feel me.

I am that feeling that you get when you walk into that cursed exam hall on the first day of your GCSE's.

I am that feeling that you get when you hear your mother asking for her prized possession that you accidently broke, despite her warning.

I'm that emotion that skillfully courses through your veins, burning every stream of sanity within you.

I am that...

Chest clenching, breath restricting

Voice stuttering, Body trembling

Confidence shattering, joy killing

Feeling.

I hurt people, I kill people, I ruin people.

I cause darkness, restrict light.

And as a result I'm hated. Along with the people that caused me. Are you one of them?

Oh yes, that's right, you don't know who I am yet. Well, here's another clue...

I'm known for breaking hearts.

Have you guessed who I am yet?

No I'm not Fear, but we coexist.

No I'm not nervousness, he never sticks around.

No I'm not depression, she's too dark. But I can morph into her.

So who am I? I'll give you one last guess.

...

I am Anxiety

An emotion that causes disorders, depression

An ill-fated sensation caused by, bullies, society and trivial expectations.

So yes, my name is Anxiety, it's nice to meet you...So now that you know me,

Don't be the reason that someone is affected by me.