Chapter 8: "Because we're leaving"

Heyo, I suck I suck I suck I suck I suck.

Sorry. A million times sorry.

-FreakishWhale

***-=+=-***

Raven's POV

I quickly pulled myself away from Jordan and folded my arms over my chest, he grinned at me like a child and I couldn't help but grin with him through the embarrassment. I heard Mark move behind me and turned to look at him. "I warned you, Raven," He hissed through clenched teeth, "You-" he pointed to Jordan, "Get the hell out of my house and forget that we exist." Jordan looked as confused as I  was annoyed.

"Huh?" He raised one of his eyebrows, "What do you mean? Why would I forget you exist?" I shook my head at Mark, begging him not to say it.

"Because we're leaving." He stood up straight, his face slightly contorting as he tried to mask his pain. What the hell had Jordan done to him? Whatever it was, I say good job. "Say your goodbyes, we're out of here tonight." he grunted as he pushed past me and trudged upstairs.

***-=+=-***

"So this is what you look like, huh?" Jordan asked, throwing himself down on my bed. 

"No," I rolled my eyes, "I'm really Mark, that was Raven downstairs." He flicked his leg up, kicking me in the thigh and almost knocking me over. I let out a small squeal as I tried to balance myself. 

"C'mere you pig." Jordan teased, raising both of his arms and gesturing for me to come over. I didn't even consider protesting. I jumped straight towards him, making him cover his face with his arms and curl up into a ball. I landed beside him and shook the bed with my laughter,

"You told me to come over." I defended, wrapping my arms around the ball of boy, in a strange sort of sideways hug, he quickly unfolded and rolled over, pulling me tightly into his chest. "Aye, it'd be quite nice if I could breathe." My voice came out muffled through his shirt, he chuckled and shrugged, making his body vibrate against my face, but didn't loosen his grip.

"Hey, Raven?" I felt him shift beside me, clearly uncomfortable.

"Hm?" This position was making me tired, or maybe I was just slowly suffocating.

"What did your brother mean when he said you were leaving tonight?" I sighed, pulling myself away from him so I could sit up. If I was going to tell him this, I was going to do it properly.

"It's a long story..." I warned, he nodded and sat up too, pushing himself back against my wall, not taking his eyes off of me. I reached over, pulling my old pillow into my lap to hold on to, "Do you remember a few years ago, there was that story in the news; this big YouTube guy got his home address found out by like millions of fans and they all swarmed his house." I paused and waited for it to click in his brain, I looked down at my hands for a few seconds before I heard a quiet 'mhm' and continued, "His name was Jonas Booker, right? He was one of the most famous people on YouTube. Well, he had a little sister and her name was Jay Booker. She was only little when this happened, maybe 8 or 9, so she didn't know what was happening really. But all of the fans knew who she was, all of them recognised her."

Jordan shifted beside me, making me look up at him, he gave me an encouraging smile and reached out for my hand, which I gladly gave him.

"These fans were psycho. They never left, they broke into his house, they took his stuff, his sisters stuff. Even tried to take his sister once. So, they left. No one had seen his parents or friends, only him and his sister had appeared in his videos, they were the only ones in danger. He was old enough to live on his own, only just though, so finding a place was hard. He couldn't ask anyone for help out of fear that the fans would find out and hurt them too. They moved as far away as they could. They changed their names, styles, hair colour even!" I stopped and licked my lips, my throat was dry and my palms were sweaty, I felt Jordan trying to pull his hand out of mine and looked up, my nails were digging into the back of his hand.

"I'm so sorry!" I instantly released his hand but he just grabbed it again,

"Hey, if you need to let it out, I'd rather it be on me than on you."  He reached over and took my other hand too, blocking my nails from my palms with his own.

"Jay and Jonas couldn't call their parents or their friends, they had to get new numbers, new emails, new everything. The fans had found it all, and they couldn't risk anyone else getting involved. They couldn't go outside and meet people, in case they turned out to be one of the psycho fans, there were so many of them Jordan, so many..." I trailed off, trying to gather my thoughts, "Jay wasn't allowed to have a computer or phone until she was 14, and when she got them she wasn't allowed to talk to people online. Eventually she gave in to curiosity and started meeting people, the most amazing people, Jordan, they filled her life with smiles and laughs and made her wonder why she hadn't met them sooner. When Jonas found out he went mad, he told her that she wasn't allowed to talk to them anymore and she cried for days. He decided to compromise and told her that she could talk to them, but never tell anyone her name, new or old and she could never show anyone her face.

"Jay decided that she wanted to meet more people, and the way to do that was to gain an audience. She made a YouTube account, and her audience grew quickly, as did her friends. One day he found her talking to her friends, I guess he never thought it'd get that serious, that their friendship would last for that many years, almost 5 at that point. He freaked out. He shut her off from the world again, he took everything away from her. It was back to old times. Locked inside, nothing to do but sleep and cry."

Maybe it was for dramatic effect, maybe it was because I needed him to give me the extra confidence I needed to finally say it out loud, but I looked up and tightened my grip on his hands, staring straight into his eyes.

"I'm Jay Booker and Mark is Jonas Booker." I turned away, afraid of seeing his expression.

"He wants us to leave tonight because now you've found us, and you've found out everything about us, and so has half the damn internet and he doesn't want it to happen again. He's been running all of these years and he's not about to stop. I don't know what I'm more terrified about, it happening again or leaving everything behind.

"It was so scary Jordan, there were so many of them, and they never left. I was 8 for crying out loud! I didn't find out what was going on until a few years after, and it scared me so much." I felt him tug slightly on my arms and I gave in, letting him pull me onto his knees, curling up into a ball on his lap, shaking with both fear and sadness while he just hugged me.

I heard a cough from my computer, a very loud one at that, and turned my head, realising that Zach was still there and that he'd heard the whole thing, "Um, Raven? Are you okay?" he sounded a mix of concerned and something else that I couldn't quite put my finger on. "Also, sup Bayani?" I felt Jordan chuckle and smiled slightly to myself.

I didn't want to leave, I wanted to stay like this forever.

***-=+=-***

Heyo, just in case you missed it.... I suck.

I fail at updating. Feel free to lynch me, to make up for it, Ii gave you guys the explanation to everything, but fear not. We're very far from the end of the book. You know wa that means, right? A LOT MORE VERY SLOW UPDATES!

Heyheyheyheyhey who liked the chapter?

I feel kinda strange

I've been getting really hyped up about cereal lately????

OH QOTC: You like cereal or nah? What kind my good fellows?

Answer: Bish yassss cereallllll

PS bayani is goddamn holy crap hot like get in my life you absolute perfect human

sorry

again

very very sorry

also i want new friends, come talk to me i want to embrace you with cool whales and cereal

Votes and comments help keep me inspired.

Never be afraid to stop by and say hi :)

Bye Whales (Ps. you guys are very very beautiful whales, like all covered hot tattoos or pink sparkles or whatever you're into cause like... personal choice and shiz)

-FreakishWhale