4. Auria Wynters: Hogwarts Letter and Diagon Alley

3. Auria Wynters: Hogwarts Letter and Diagon Alley

"One! Two! Three!" Mary Brown cried from a few feet away. Auria Wynters looked around wildly. Where to hide? Oh, where to hide? She asked herself. "Seven! Eight! Nine!"

Auria was running out of time. She couldn't let the others find her again like they had so many times before. She took off and headed around the house as Mary reached fifteen. Five seconds wasn't enough, but she still had to try.

There wasn't anywehre she could hide. Her mother Delia didn't keep a gardern of large bushes, and her father Hector didn't have a shed for large tools. About half way down her driveway to the country road, there was a large tree filled with bright green leaves. The leaves matched Auria's dress perfectly, so she started running as fast as she could.

When Auria reached the tree, she turned around. Mary was no where in sight, so she lifted herself upwards and into the tree. Auria settled herself about halfway up the tree. Since the leaves completely surrounded her, she knew that Mary would not be able to see her at all. Slowly, she moved the leaves in front of her face as she saw Mary running around the house with her two brothers behind her. Auria was the only one left, and they would never find her. They would have to give up.

Auria smiled as the wind twirled her black hair around her face. Her smile faded. If anything gave her away it would be her hair. Her eyes were green, her dress was green, and her hair was midnight black.

Delia Wynters opened the front door of her home and stepped out on the porch. "Auria! It's time for lunch, dear. Come inside now!"

Auria sighed and began to descend the tree. Finally, she'd found somewhere to hide where they wouldn't find her, and the game was already over. Auria's left foot hit the branch below her wrong, and she slipped. Her heart sped up suddenly at the thought of hitting the hard ground, and she shut her eyes. Moments later, Auria hadn't felt any pain, so she opend her eyes once more.

She gasped. Auria was floating in mid-air just inches above the grass. Slowly she moved down, and her feet toached the solid earth softly. It surprised her as it did every time something strange happened around her.

"You must be Auria Wynters then?" A kind voice asked behind her. Auria turned around to face an older lady dressed in strange clothes with a witch's hat on.

"Yeah... Why are you dressed up for Halloween? It's not Halloween," she told the woman before thinking that it might offend her. But the woman simply laughed and placed her hand on Auria's head.

"Dear child, I am not dressed for Halloween. This is how I always dress. I am Minerva McGonagall, Headmistress of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and I am a witch. As are you, Miss Wynters."

"What?" Auria asked astounded. "Could I really be a witch? That's just no possible, is it?"

"Why, of course it is! How else would you have saved yourself from falling out of the tree just now? Haven't similar things happened to you before, when you were afraid or angry?"

Auria nodded in response. Things like that always seemed to happen when she was mad or scared, so she instantly believed the mysterious witch in front of her.

"Come now," McGonagall said. "I am here to speak with your parents. You are to attend Hogwarts this year."

Auria showed the Headmistress of the wizarding school inside and introduced her to her parents by saying, "Mum, Dad! The Headmistress from Hogwarts is here to tell us that I'm a witch! I get to go to a school for witches!"

"Don't be ridiculous," her mother said without turning around to face her guest. "Darling, you come up with the strangest tales, but this one I just cannot play along with. I'm not in the mood."