four

But you say that you want me much as I want you.

Jae runs his hand through his hair, glaring at the computer screen. He ignores the four men behind him, trying his hardest to focus, but the monitor blurs before his eyes. He huffs, shaking his head at himself.

You didn't save this damn song, he thinks to himself. Why the fuck not? It's not like you were going to propose or anything.

He stares at the blank screen, jaw clenching. Abruptly, he stands, making the chair slide backwards loudly on the waxed floor. The people behind him look over, concerned.

"Did you fix it?" One asks hesitantly, testing the waters. Jae just shakes his head again, throwing his hood over his head and grabbing his phone. Walking out the doors, he doesn't say as much as a goodbye. 

He's fixated on the now non-existent song. It had taken weeks to be able to write down exactly what he felt and create the right backtrack. He's still got the lyrics, but he's doubtful that he'll be able to recreate exactly what he had before.

Opening the door to his house, he takes a deep breath. What hurts the most is that he won't be able to tell her how he feels. He can't help but feel the distance between them when he enters their bedroom and sees her sleeping without him by her side.

Jae leans against the door frame, letting the exhaustion and disappointment of the day wash over him. Somehow, Jae feels that his happy place won't work this time.