4

The waitress comes back with the next course. "Those are the cookies displayed in the window. Each color has a different taste." She puts the plates down in front of them and pulls out a small notepad. "I'm really sorry, I forgot to ask if you wanted something to drink."

"Don't worry, we forgot about it as well." Jeongguk looks at Taehyung before telling her his order. "I'd like to have an iced latte and a Coke, please."

Taehyung takes the menu card, looking over it for a moment. "One hot chocolate and an ice tea, please." He takes the forms from the table. "We haven't filled them out yet, can we give them to you together when you bring the next dish?"

Right, the forms. Jeongguk knows that it's important for Seokjin.

ShinYoung smiles at them. "Of course, that's no problem. Enjoy the sweets." She writes the orders on her notepad and leaves the table.

"Let's do the forms first, before we forget about them again." Taehyung suggests as he takes the paper and pencil and begins to write down his opinion on both cakes.

Jeongguk does the same, but before he can judge the strawberry cake, he still needs to try it. That's why a really big piece lands in his mouth and now he understands Taehyung's need to moan at the taste, twice. It's really heavenly. He needs to praise his hyung later.

The drinks come minutes later and Jeongguk can feel himself drooling. He wipes the saliva off and takes the purple cookie. There's a white heart in the middle, probably made of frosting. A quick glance at Taehyung tells him that he has chosen the same.

"Honey, should we try a cookie kiss?" The older places half of the sweet between his lips and bends forward, lifting himself up from the chair, slightly.

Jeongguk's body reacts on its own, he can't control himself. He takes the other half and whines silently. Just a millimeter more and their lips would touch. He can do it, he isn't a coward, right? Well, he is. Jeongguk bites into the cookie and it cracks into two pieces. Slowly, he leans back and oh no! Is that a pout Taehyung sports? Why is his baby pouting? "Sweetheart, what's wrong? Did I take too much?"

Taehyung shakes his head, bottom lip jutted out with half of the cookie resting on it. With a sigh, he finally takes it in and chews, then swallows. "It's nothing. I think I was just expecting something more couple-y."

Jeongguk looks at the couple, two girls, next to them and sees them kissing. It doesn't look disgusting or heated, it's actually soft and cute. A few pecks that linger and that's it. "Oh." Why was he such a coward? Yes, they just met not even an hour ago, but it's undeniable that they have a certain attraction to each other. Both are flirty, can talk easily and on top of that, Taehyung is so frigging handsome. Jeongguk has to find a good reason why he didn't let their lips touch. It's not that easy, though. He doesn't wanna lie again. It wouldn't be a good start if they'd become more than strangers. Aren't they already more? He doesn't know, but just in case, it's better to tell him the truth. "I chickened out, to be honest. I wanted to kiss you, but I'm not very confident and didn't want to do it without your consent."

Taehyung's expression lightens up at that. "It's okay babe, we have a few more cookies to practice your confidence and I'll give you my consent." He takes the green one and holds it directly in front of Jeongguk's mouth. "On second thought, I could take the initiative as well. How does this sound?"

Jeongguk grins. "Sounds like a good plan." He opens his mouth and wraps his lips around the treat. He watches every move Taehyung makes. His fake fiancé slowly bends over the table, again having to get up a little. His face comes closer, as if in slow motion. Jeongguk notices the mole on the tip of his nose. It's probably covered with a little bit of makeup, but now that he's very close, he can clearly see it. It's pretty, he wants to peck it one day. Taehyung also has one on his eye, lip and cheek. Jeongguk is a sucker for beauty marks. He also notices that Taehyung's eyelids are different. One is a mono lid, the other a double lid. That's so unique and amazing.