The Last Sunrise- Chapter 1

His smile made me shiver. "Why are you smiling?" I asked him.

“Nothing much...” he said, "Since you don't want to rest I suggest you to get ready. This one is going to be hard." He yawned once and he looked at me with a wider smile. "In two hours I want you to be at the training room."

As I heard him say the words “training room" I felt terrified. I could only imagine what was going to happen. “Ohh… Come on Alex. Why so soon? We usually do it every other day.” I protested unable to understand his logic.

He looked at me like I was crazy. “You can’t be able to know when danger is going to come. You must be in shape all the time.” He yelled at me full of anger.

I shuddered in fear. "I’ll be there." I said coldly and I walked out of the room. I returned to my room and I stayed there for the next two hours laying on my bed and looking at the ceiling.

At nine o’clock I dressed up and I opened the door. This time the corridor was lit. I exited my room and I closed the door behind me. I looked around, but everything seemed to be in order, except from one thing. There were traces of blood all over the carpet. I felt my heart pounding under my chest. A strange feeling passed through my whole body for a mere moment. “What the hell happened?" I asked myself. I started following the tracks that seemed to lead inside of Alex’s room. I looked at the closed door in front of me and I tried to decide if I should just open the door and walk in, or if I should knock the door before I enter. “What the hell” I thought and I blew the door open. With one look at the also lit room I saw that he wasn’t there.

“Alex?” I called his name in frustration.

There were traces of blood as well and that made me grew in agony. I immediately exited the room and I fallowed the traces which lead to the ground floor. I descended the ladder pretty quickly while looking around to see Alex. My heart started pounding even faster. I feared for the worst. I needed to find him and make sure that he wasn’t wounded or worse, dead. I shook my head, trying to pull that thought out of my mind. When I reached the last step I called his once again. I received no reply.

Except from the grandpa’s clock ticking there was no other sound that would indicate his presence. It seemed to be like I was the only person inside the old mansion. The huge hall in front of me looked empty in my eyes. There was a grandpa’s clock at the left and a round table with flowers in a vase.

I looked on the floor searching for the traces of blood. When I spotted them I found out that they were leading in the dining room on the right side of me. How strange. The door of the dining area was always locked. I stepped closer to the door and I checked it. The door was unlocked. Why? I asked myself startled. I walked in the lit room and looked around. Alex was nowhere, but there were traces all over the carpet.

The dining room was quite big. In the middle of the room there was a large rectangle table made from expensive and heavy wood, surrounded by ten chairs made from the same wood.  On the other side of the table there was a big window. Right down from the window there was a long piece of furniture with drawers and two cupboards on each side.

I noticed that one of the drawers was open. When I stood in front of it I found out in shock that there were fourteen handguns in it. All of them in their velvet holsters, but one holster was empty. “Why would Alex take a handgun? What are these handguns for?”

I took one of the handguns and checked the ammo in it. It was loaded with a whole clip of fifteen rounds. Something in the atmosphere made me take it with me. I walked back to the door and I saw piece of paper, with something written in it, on the floor next to the door. I lifted and I read it.

I recognized Alex’s hand write. “You made it this far and you found my secret hide of my handguns. I ‘m sure that your curiosity is growing bigger as you read this note. So I challenge you to come to the training room. Yours Alex…”

“What is he up to…” I thought as I exited the room. I left the dining room behind me and I walked over to the grandpa’s clock. I opened the clock and I pushed the button in the middle of it round plate...After a mere moment the clock began to move aside. In less than ten seconds the short hallway that leaded to the training room revealed in front of me.

The walls of the hallway were made from iron and the ceiling from glass. Alex had installed a mechanism that could cover the glass ceiling with titanium lids during daytime, so it would prevent the exposure to the sun.

Now it was open. The dark sly was free from clouds and the stars were sparkling. I started walking towards the door on the other side of the hallway. I lifted my hand in order to catch the knob and a little voice in the back of my head whispered at me that something bad was going to happen. That made me hurry with the knob. I opened the door and I stepped in the training room.

The training room was a huge and round chamber. It was an external building, just three meters away from the mansion. It had only one entrance that was attached with the corridor that leaded back to the main building through the grandpa’s clock. From the outside it was all covered with plants. Alex had told me that many years ago it was serving as an internal garden with rear plants and lots of roses. But since I arrived in the mansion he turned it into a training room for me.

After I entered the training room I saw something that really surprised me. “What the hell?” I was standing by the entrance in a small church. The place was filed with people dressed in formal clothes. From the decoration I realized that there was a wedding. There where white ribbons everywhere and white flowers that smelled amazingly good.

When my eyes reached the nave I froze in my trucks…

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

NOTE: I hope that this chapter is a lot better than the last one. I must say that I love the vampire stories and this one is my first one.

So if you liked it please VOTE and COMMEND!!!

Xo Xo!!! Kisses!!!