Shelter Chapter 4

Chapter 4 here you guys are, and I'm so sorry it's really late, but Its harder than I thought it would be fitting writing into my life, anyways please vote, Oh and comment if you want me to continue this story. Cause if I get no responses I will know that people don't want this book to be continued.

***...***...***...***...***...***...***...***...***...***...***...***...***...***...***...***...***...***...***...***...***...***...***...***

Shelter Chapter Four

As we scurried away from the school, tears pooling in our eyes, we glanced around at the ruins of buildings once more, James let out a small whimper and dashed over to what probably was once a large, georgian style house, he scrambled through the rubble, towards a tiny hand grasping a scruffy teddy bear. He started to dig feverishly at the rubble uncovering a minute body belonging to that of a three year old girl. He raised her head gently and a single silent tear rolled down his cheek, leaving behind a watery trail of regret and sorrow.

"Sister?" Stacey inquired solemnly.

James nodded solemnly "It was her birthday today, she said that I didn't need to get her a present because all she wanted was me to be her big brother forever. Why couldn't it be me that died, she didn't deserve to die, she had so much more to do!

I stood there, feeling uncomfortable, I had never really been very good dealing with other peoples's emotions. I mean he just looked so broken, while cradling the small body in his arms. I looked at Stacey hoping for help, she nodded and walked over to James, put a arm round his shoulder, and said,

"Come on we had better get going, do you want to cover up her body?"

James nodded silently.

"Guys find something to cover up..." Stacey turned to look at James.

"Lisa." James muttered.

" Yeh, ok so find something to cover up Lisa" Commanded Stacey " Preferably cloth."

As we all wondered around the rubble, looking for something suitable, I came across a dirty, white table cloth, It had lovely designs of flying humming birds on it, although it was very tattered and had a few rips and tears in it. I held it up to show James.

"James, will this be ok for her?"

He gave a small fake smile, and nodded.

I then called everyone back to the body. The returned, and together we lifted up the body and wrapped it up, mummy style. James then carried it to where the damage was least and let down the body onto the ground. He then meant down and kissed where her forehead would be, and whispered something into her ear.

As we set off once more we decided we should have a destination in mind, Matthew suggested the town hall, as when there were crises, like the flood last year everyone went there. No one had any better ideas so we set off towards the town hall.

As we walked along solemnly for ten minutes or so, we reached where the town hall used to be, it was just a pile of debris now of course. But all our shoulders slumped, as there was no one in sight. I sighed and sat down on a large concrete chunk, the others followed my lead, and all sat down around me. It was so quiet, the silence seemed to be weighing down the air, you could hear nothing, no birds, no cars, nothing. Until there was a quite groaning noise from behind where I was sitting. I looked at the others they all seemed to have heard it too.

"Did you hear that?" I asked breaking the silence.

"yeah."

"yeh, is it a survivor?"

"Omg, do you think someones under there?"

They all replied at once.

"Must be, what else would it be?" I replied "Let's get them out then, come on."

We dashed over to where the noise was coming from, and started digging away at the debris, as fast as humanly possible. We started to uncover...

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Sorry for it being so short, really sorry. Hope you guys forgive me. Anyway please vote, fan and comment, because if I get no response I will presume you don't want me to continue this story.

VOTE!!!

COMMENT!!!

FAN!!!