Shelter Chapter 2

Here's chapter 2 enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 2

POV Leah

As I slouched back in my chair during registration, not bothering to concentrate on what the teacher was saying, I heard my name mentioned.

"Sorry what did you say Mrs Newson?" I asked hoping I hadn't been volunteered for the cross-country team again, I hated running in the dreary, cold and wet park we used as a running track.

"I said Leah, if you had been listening, that you are Stacey's buddy until she gets used to finding her way around the school. Answered Mrs Newson sharply.

"Oh okay, sure." I was happy now, maybe I could sit next to her on the coach, I mean people like me right, but I don't have my own little clique, like most other people in my year do, I'm not a loner just I'm not the popular bitchy type, I'm more of a solo girl.

As registration finished I walked up to Stacey, and asked,

"Can I sit next to you on the coach on the way to the bomb shelter today?"

"Sure." she replied, "As long as we sit near the front, I get sick if I sit at the back."

"Yeh, that's fine with me." I replied. At least I didn't have to sit by myself and look like a loner again.

"What time do we get on the coach?" Stacey asked.

"Now actually!" I replied, "Come on, or we'll have to sit next to the flatulent Mrs Green, and that, is a death wish!"

So we ran towards the bus, laughing about Mrs Green.

As we talked on the Bus journey we filled the time with would-you-rathers,

"Would you rather, talk like Yoda for your entire life or breathe like Darth Vader your entire life?" I asked Stacey.

"Talk like Yoda I'd rather." Stacey answered in a perfect imitation of Yoda's voice.

I laughed "That's amazing I can't do imitations at all, your so good at it!"

"I can do loads of other people too, like Donald Duck, Alan Sugar, Simon Cowell, The Queen, I can do them all! But my favourite, has to be Popeye, I love him he's so funny!" answered Stacey, laughing.

"Alright." she said, "Here's another would you rather, would you rather Fart every time you blink, or pee every time you breathe?"

"Umm..." I said "Stacey, you gave me a really hard one!" I accused. "But I have to say, I would rather pee every time I breathe, cause you could just wear a giant nappy all the time!"

"Yeh I'd choose that too." Stacey told me, "I'd hate to fart all the time. Hey were here already! Let's try to get in the bomb shelter first I don't want to wait around for ages."

"Alright girls," Mrs Newson spoke up "We'll send you in five at a time as the shelters too small to send any more people in, while you are in there we will play a old soundtrack from when they really were bombing villages in this area. There may also be some shuddering but don't worry it's all an act, nothing's real remember. I also expect a damn good essay from everyone by next Friday. Is that clear?" Everyone nodded in unison. "Good right let's get started! Any volunteers?"

Stacey and I put our hands up along with a few other people.

"Right, Stacey, Leah, James, Matthew and Haylee, you go in first you'll be in there for about twenty minutes, there will be no lights so you can't write notes." Mrs Newson commanded us.

I wished I hadn't been put with the weirdo of the class Haylee, she was into all of that stargazing stuff and looking into a glass ball thing. What she does is just weird sometimes, that's all.

As I entered the shelter I called out behind me to Stacey "Come on Stacey, hurry up it's not that bad in here, It just smells like dirt a bit."

Inside it was dark, apart from a gas-light that lit up one corner of the small enclosed space. On the wall there was a line of gas masks looking really freaky in the semi-darkness, throwing shadows across the walls. As I sat down on the benches that were on either side of the shelter Stacey, James, Matthew and Haylee entered. They all sat down. Mrs Newson shut the door from the outside with a slam.

Matthew was the first one to speak, "Wow this is kinda freaky."

"Yeh." replied James "Especially those gas-masks, they look like something outta Saw. Now that's a freaky film."

Just as I was about to agree, the whole shelter started to shake, and the sound of bombs could be heard along with people screaming in pain.

It was so real it scared me to the point of wetting my pants, I also felt a stinging sensation all over my body. Stacey and I clung on to each other in fright. James and Matthew also looked damn nervous cowering together in a corner. Haylee however looked as though this was a daily routine, sitting up straight in the middle of the bench, hands clasped together on her lap, her eyes were glazed over a milky white colour. The shaking and bombing sound continued for what felt like a age. Then slowly it began to draw to a close, until there was no shaking or bombing sounds.

We all looked at each other.

"I suppose our twenty minutes is up then." said Haylee with an eerily calm voice.

"I guess so." answered Matthew in a rather shakier voice. He opened the door to find not a green field near the little village of Welton filled with our classmates and teachers but derelict land, strewn with bodies and upturned earth, and where the village once was, there was only rubble, crushed cars with their alarms raging and yet more bodies.

"Oh my god, what the hell has happened?" I screamed. "Where the hell is everybody?" I was starting to hyperventilate with the weight of what had happened while we were in the bomb shelter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There you are Chapter 2, what do you all think has happened while they were in the bomb shelter? COMMENT FAN AND VOTE PLEASE!

I WILL SEND YOU COOKIES EVERYDAY!!!