Chapter- 22

Evan's POV

"Nice to meet you." That stupid John stood there with a stupid smile on his face.

"Same here, Mr. Walker." I forced a tight lipped smile.

"Can I have a dance with the lovely lady?" He looked at Brae.

"No." My response was immediate. Of course I wasn't supposed to answer but that didn't mean I wouldn't.

"I mean she said she wasn't feeling well." I made up and smiled sweetly at Brae, daring her to disagree. She smiled back even more sweetly.

"But now I feel better." She blinked her eyes,  before turning towards John.

"I would love to dance with you, Mr. Walker."  That stupid grinned like he got his Christmas gift. How I wanted to choke him to death!

"I am honoured. Call me John, please." She sweetly smiled at him and took his hand. He led her to the middle of the dance floor.
I took a drink from the waiter and gulped it down in a go. I felt a burning sensation down my throat.

Seeing them dance together made me extremely restless. I was plain jealous, jealous of them dancing so close to each other. I tried being calm for a long time till my patience snapped.
I walked up to them and patted on John's shoulder.

"I would like to steal her for a dance." My tone was anything but of request. He hesitantly nodded and stepped aside. I held Brae's hand and wrapping one hand around her waist brought her closer to me.

"You should ask the lady if she wants to dance with you." I raised a brow at her.

"Would you have not preferred dancing with me?" I asked as we moved to the rhythm of the music.

"Maybe." She tilted her head causing me to smile.

"I'll keep that in mind next time." I brought my face closer to her hair, her gentle fragrance filling my nostrils. The smell of her hair used to be one of my favourite things and the addiction didn't fade away.

Flashback

"Evan, what are you doing?" She furrowed her eyebrows as I lay with my face in her hair, the sweet vanilla fragrance filling my nostrils.

"Smelling your hair?" I tightened my grip on her waist as we lay tired out by our early morning love making.

"What?" She kept drawing imaginary patterns on my hand.

"Your hair. It smells so good, I feel like I could get lost." I smiled to myself.

"Oh I was thinking of cutting off my hair. Shoulder length would look good on me, right?" I immediately raised my head to look at her of she was joking bit she looked serious.

"You won't." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Evan, it will look good." I shook my head in disagreement.

"You already look beautiful in your long wavy brown hair."  She didn't look convinced with my argument.

"But-"

"For me?" I gave her the best puppy eyes that I could pull off which seemingly worked. She huffed , her lips drawn in a small pout.

"Okay fine. For you." I kissed her cheek before stuffing my face once again in her hair."

"Evan?" Her sweet voice broke my trance.

"Hmm?" I responded by keeping my eyes closed.

"What are you doing?" I pulled back to look into her eyes.