" The Auction From Hell "Part 3

"Did you not a hear a word I said in the limo?" 

"I heard."

"Then what was that back there, huh?" Matthew  Felix snarled, hazel eyes popping angrily. He pulled back the curtains obscuring them from the crowd - that was far too stunned about something that happened on stage to be thinking about that Felix boy that lost it and punched a guy - then he let the curtain fall with a scowl.

"It was me....being stupid but its not going to happen again," Damon said although he had felt like he'd been saying that a lot lately - and not staying true to his word.  He couldn't help it, he was stupid. He acted on impulse rather than logic but how can you think when theres always some raging psycho bitch or a "sweet" peasant always in the way? Not to mention a red-haired dickwad with an ego the size of eight Lacrosse fields.

It was as if the universe was working against him and the only thing Damon could think of to fight back was throwing a few punches - but that only seemed to get him cornered.

"Stupid? Stupid? You can't afford to be stupid, Damon," He watched his father hiss angrily and wondered what all the models that had been fawning over him all afternoon would think if they seen him like this, for what he truly was. "Not when I have spent countless millions invested in your future."

"You don't think I appreciate that?" He had always been showing how much he appreciated his father's efforts. Hell, nearly everything he did was for the sake of Matthew's legacy and image. He practically did everything he asked and yet it wasn't enough. It was never enough and there was always something he didn't quite get or something that Matthew didn't like.

Then he realized why his father's approval just wasn't enough anymore. The man couldn't be pleased and after losing everything, gaining it back for a moment, and then losing it again, Damon didn't even care how Matthew felt about him anymore.

"Certainly not after that predicament you put yourself in," Then his father's eyes darkened. "You're lucky we are at a public event because I'd-"

"Just do it," Damon snarled. "No one will care. Everyone already knows." Or at least suspects.

Neither said a word, both glaring at each other. Matthew Felix possessing the look of a murderer. Surprisingly, it was Matthew who turned away this time and Damon felt pretty damn good for winning the stare down. 

"What are you waiting-"  Matthew didn't waste any time with a rage-filled strike to the face, causing Damon to stagger back, nearly falling on to the stage steps. He had been hit so hard he could see stars and he wasn't even outside. 

Head tilted back, he seen one of the hanging angels looking directly at him, averting her eyes when he met her gaze.

"Get up."  He heard Matthew bark and when Damon didn't move, he charged towards him - and thats when Damon met him with a fist. 

Matthew stumbled back slightly, catching his balance just as he was about to fall into the curtains. Resetting his jaw, the businessman glowered but didn't say a word. Damon figured he was probably in shock. He had never fought back. It felt wrong. Matthew wasn't drop dead ancient but he was old - and his Dad. 

In fact as soon as he hit him, he felt like taking another punch to make up for it. 

"You better get back out there," Matthew finally said through gritted teeth. "And seal the deal with that man....or so help me, I will make you wish you were in the grave with your mother."

"Why should I-"

"Because I will not be spending my money to bail you out of jail if you don't."