Boston visits

I woke suddenly to the sound of heavy breathing behind me. Someone was here, and it wasn't Damon.

I could clearly see Damon, sleeping soundly on the other side of the fire pit, oblivious of our little visiter.

Slowly, and as silent as possible, I start inching my hand towards my knife, which lay only inches away from me. I knew I should've kept it under my pillow last night, but something about Damon made me feel safe, as if just his presence would ward off all the evils of the world.

My hand was only a couple of inches away now. So close!

Suddenly a hand grabbed my shoulder and threw me up against a very solid chest. Before I could even utter a sound the other hand slapped across my mouth muffling all of my struggles.

Scrapping my nails against the hands, I struggle for freedom, doing anything I can to get Damon's attention at the same time.

I bit down on the hand over my mouth, hard enough that a metallic taste soon dominates my mouth. I hear a silent cuss behind me as the hand is quickly pulled back.

Diving for the knife, I turn around and see the most unlikely face in the world.

Staring at me are two hazel eyes that my mind knows clearly, with the blonde hair slightly in the way. A smile slowly sweeps the mans face as he smile back at me as well. He has babyish features, not showing the hard conditions the guy obviously has been through.

"Boston?" I whisper.

The smile is soon replaced with a frown as Boston shushes me, and points to the exit. Nodding, we both move out of the house, careful not to wake Damon up. I felt a little guilty for leaving Damon defenseless, but I had to talk to Boston.

Once we were outside and a few feet away from the house, Boston grabbed me, giving me a huge bear hug.

"I've missed you so much Willow!"

Pushing him away I took a few steps back and quickly put my thoughts together. It was really him. What was he doing here? Why did it take so long for him to get here? Where has he been? So many questions flew through my head, I couldn't even talk, so confused with what I was seeing.

After a few moments of silence, Boston asked "So, who's the stray dog you decided to bring in?"

Of course that would be the first thing he brought up! The jerk had always been protective of what was his but this was just ridiculous! He couldn't even take a moment to ask if I was alright.

Smirking I reply saying "You're the one to talk!"

"What's that suppose to mean!" He growled out.

"Do you realize how long you've been gone! I haven't seen you for almost a year. I started thinking you were dead-"

He quickly cut in yelling "So you immediately go out and find some random guy to replace me?!?"

"I can't believe what you're saying right now! You have no right saying any of these things!"

"I'm you boyfriend! I have every right to say these things!"

Staring at him I quietly say "Not anymore. It's over Boston."

We glare at each other for who knows how long before a someone clears their throat behind us. Turning, I find Damon casually leaning against the house, watching us both with amusement written clearly across his face.

"Who are you?" Boston asks.

"Damon, and you are?"

"Boston, Willows boyfriend."

Sighing I shake my head and storm into the house. Was he kidding! Did he not hear anything I just told him. Ugh! Guys are so frustrating!

After a few minutes, both Boston and Damon walk in after me, each sitting on opposite sides of the fire. I stared at both of them, as they expectantly stared up at me.

Damon patted the seat next to him, while Boston made a gesture to come to him. Unbelievable! They were trying to make me choose between them! What did they think I would do, just sit down like a good little girl and act all goodie good? They had a new thing coming to them.

Before I yelled at them, as if reading my mind, Damon said "Just sit down in between us. I'm not going to make some contest out of this."

Giving him a small and grateful smile, I sat away from both of them, looking at Damon as Boston glared at me. I was so angry, I couldn't even look at him!

After a few moments of silence, Damon finally turned to Boston and said "I know you probably have questions, so shot."

Seeming shocked, it took Boston a few moments before responding. I smirked at his dumbfound expression. He must not be use to the idea of someone actually being nice and caring. He's probably not even use to someone smart enough to get straight to the point.

"Why are you here?"

I interrupted before Damon could say anything and told the story of how I meet Damon. Throughout the story, Damon sat by smiling at me and never correcting me, just watching and listening. I blushed at his look of adoration. What was he thinking about that causes that cute and goofy smile on his face.

Boston on the other hand let all of his emotions known. When I told him how Damon helped me in the tree, he immediately said he was angry that he almost gave me away. Honestly this made no sense. I personally thought he just wanted to be angry, and that he needed a reason, but of course he was to stupid to come up with a good one.

He did this multiple times, driving my anger to the very point of bursting. But, by the end of the story, there were no fights, and everyone just sat quietly, staring intently at one another.

Yawning, I leaned back on the heels of my hands, and let my eyes drift for a few seconds. It seemed like days since I've slept, even though it was only a couple of hours ago. Who knew talking to Boston would drain me so much.

Damon glanced at me and clearly got the message that I was exhausted.

"Why don't we all go to sleep now. We can talk more in the morning."

All nodding we start setting up where we're to sleep. I throw Damon a grateful smile, happy to get to sleep.

As we get ready Boston of course throughs a tantrum when I say he can't sleep next to me and stomps to the corner, glaring at all of us. After a few moments though, weariness obviously gets the best of him, and he falls asleep.

Laying down next to the fire, I listen to Damon shuffle around before laying his mat next to mine and laying down. Any other time I would've told him to go away and find his own space, but tonight, his presence was surprisingly comforting.

Soon his breathing became slow and even, giving away he was asleep. Quietly turning around, I stare at his features, committing them to memory. He was even more beautiful asleep, his features relaxed and peaceful. His high cheek bones were perfectly framed by his eyelashes, which sent spidery shadows across his cheeks. His lips were relaxed and perfectly shaped to his strong features. Smiling, I close my eyes, his face the last thing I see.