Chapter Fourteen - Unwanted News

Chapter Fourteen

Unwanted News

I was elated to hear that my Grandma Renee would know of me and of my family but then the realization hit me. It hit me hard.

I gasped, "But she can't know. She would be in danger and her life would be threatened and the Volturi would," I was nearly crying when Ayah interrupted me.

"Sweetheart, her life is already threatened. She has very sad news to tell your family. Your Mother won't be able to handle the news and will ask your family to tell her the truth and ask her if she wants to change."

I was shocked and scared. "What news," the words barely whispered out of my mouth.

"She has cancer and not very long to live; doctor's told her she could recover, but from what I know she only has three months."

I began to cry. I couldn't even bare to think about my Mommy being sad.

"Is she going to be like Mommy and live with us too?" Maybe this wouldn't be half bad. I would have two Grandmothers'.

"She must make that decision herself."

I sighed heavily thinking of all the possibilities. I didn't know whether to cry or be mad or go tell Mommy and Daddy. Meantime, I just sat in front of the fire holding my knee's up to my chest.

I was feeling a little overwhelmed actually, very overwhelmed. This was too much but I knew it would all be over soon and turn out for the best, at least I hoped it would.

After a few hours of contemplating the future I finally returned to the main house. Mommy and Daddy hugged me tightly and then handed me off to the rest of the family for hugs.

I blocked my mind from Daddy because I was going to let Renee tell them. It was only three days until she was here, how hard would it be to keep it a secret that long?

I didn't bring the subject of me meeting Grandma Renee again and Daddy often thought that was out of character for me. Usually, I was relentless until I got my way which, he said I got from Mommy.

Once Daddy, Mommy and I were alone in the kitchen I apologized. "I'm sorry for my behavior. I hope you forgive me."

They both hugged me again.

"And thank you for allowing me to have quiet time alone for a few hours. That really helped."

"You are growing up so fast we are having a hard time keeping up and that was a very hard thing for both of us to do. You don't know how badly we were ready to run after you," Mommy said softly.

Daddy's thought gave him away. Mommy had to literally beg him to stay and give me some space. Daddy was going insane waiting for me to return.

Mommy heated me up another bowl of soup that Grandmaw made me. I was so hungry that I ate two full bowls again.

Uncle Emmet called me a little piggy and Daddy nearly tore his arm off. Daddy sure was being touchy. Maybe it was because Mommy was worried about the visit with Grandma Renee.

It was strange to know that I was the only one with the knowledge of Grandma's fate. I was sort of nervous. I didn't know how my Mommy would take it if Grandma decided not to be turned. I knew we would all be sad but it would be Grandma's decision and not ours.

I sighed as I sat down in the living room. Daddy looked to me questioningly and I could hear that he was prodding my mind for answers. I was so glad that I could block him out.

I wondered what the explanation would be to Grandma's husband Phil if she decided to join us but I didn't want to worry about that too. I was sure that Mommy, Daddy and Grandpaw would come up with something.