First Day Out

I don't own any of the characters in the story as Masashi Kishimoto owns it all.

Still Flashback- Iruka's POV

"Iruka sensei! What took you so long!" One of the students exclaimed as she gave me a hug. I patted her head and I started class, even though I was still thinking of Hound-sama. I wonder how he's doing with that baby.

"Iruka! How are you doing! You getting enough sleep are you!" One of my noisy friends, Genma came inside the empty classroom as it was break.

He had been a Jōnin for over a month now  though even with my position, he was still my friend. I trusted him with my life.

"Yes Gemna, I have got a lot of sleep, it's just I got a mission, a strange one to say the least," I said as Genma sat in one of the seats.

"Oh! What kind of strange! Do you have to get married or-!" Genma started ranting and before he continued, I banged the table.

"Stop!- Before you say anything, I just a babysitting mission, but it seemed important as there was an ANBU there too,"

Genma's face from a normal to a complete shock as he froze in his seat before jumping up and shaking my shoulders.

"No way! Iruka, only important have ANBU with them! Maybe that child is the saviour of this world and you have to take care of it!"

"Genma, don't be ridiculous!" I answered and the bell went, signalling Genma it was time to leave.

\\♤♡ • ♧☆\\

The mission has been great, the child had still no name but he seemed to like me anyways, though Hound-sama, he looks familiar for some reason.

"Alright Iruka, you will take the baby with you though and don't worry, Hound will always be close by,"

"Thank you Hokage!" I said excitedly as I bowed my head and left the office to head to baby-kun's room and dressed him up with a white t-shirt and a blue overall with a little hat on.

"So you're going to the forest with your friends," Hound-sama asked plainly as he gave a yawning sound.

"Yeah, I'm so happy, this is going to be my first time out with my friends for a while," I replied, holding Baby-kun in my arms.

After saying goodbye to Hound-sama, I thought I heard sadness in his voice after I left but that couldn't be right. I just know I know him from somewhere.

"There you are Iruka! This way!" Genma called as he was still with similar faces. There was Asuma, Kurenai and more!

"Why do you have a baby with you!" Genma yelped as he moved away, must have a bad experience with babies while Kurenai was already playing with Baby-kun.

"I have to take him everywhere remember, I really likes him you know," I said happily and it was after there was the noise of a branch breaking.

"Okay, let's just go!" Genma shouted hurriedly and we all headed out of the big gates.

It had been probably half an hour when we got a break and everyone was exhausted, except for me and Baby-kun. I felt like I've connected to him.

"Iruka! We need to start moving now!"

"What, why!"

"Something or someone is heading our way fast!..."