Remus' Rage and Guilt

Remus Lupin was angry. He limped his way up to the Headmaster's chambers, his anger only getting stronger the closer he got. He knocked on the wall on by the Goblin that would've let him up if he knew the password.

"ALBUS!"

Remus Lupin seethed, the memory of last night before the full moon fresh in his mind. His heart clenched painfully in his chest. He failed him.

Twelve fucking years.

The Goblin sighed and just stepped away, Remus made his way up as fast as he could with his still healing body and he pushed opened the door to Dumbledore's office. The man was sitting calmly behind his desk, he looked up when Remus entered. Remus scowled.

"Remus? Is everything alright?"

"No! Nothing is alright! Sirius was - is innocent!"

"There was no way to know that at the time."

"If you knew him, you would of known."

The anger was causing Remus to shake and he started pacing in the office.

"You told me not to pursue it! You told me he was guilty! Told me only a mad man would believe he didn't do it!"

"There was no way to know that" Dumbledore was oddly calm "Remus I didn't know that, you couldn't have known either."

"I DID KNOW! I DID KNOW AND I TOLD YOU HE WAS INNOCENT! I TOLD YOU HE WOULD NEVER HAVE DONE SUCH A THING AND YOU TOLD ME I WAS BLIND BY THE LOVE I FEEL FOR HIM! TWELVE YEARS! TWELVE FUCKING YEARS HE WAS STUCK IN A CELL, HIS NAME RUN THROUGH THE MUD LIKE IF HE WAS A BLACK!"

"He is a Black."

"HE WAS MY HUSBAND! HIS LAST NAME WAS LUPIN AND THE MINISTRY ANNULLED OUR MARRIAGE BECAUSE HE WAS A CONVICTED KILLER! WE WERE MARRIED! I LOST MY HUSBAND! - we were married, I lost my husband. You told me he was guilty and I should just drop it. I- I - "

Remus cut himself off to take deep breaths, his heart was utterly torn. He let his husband rot away in a cell.

"I quit."

Remus turned without letting Dumbledore say another word.

The next time he saw Albus Dumbledore was at a Order meeting. Remus scowled at the old man, not even a greeting left his lips as he sat at the table that Molly was preparing dinner on. He threw his arm around Sirius' shoulders and Sirius leaned into his side absentmindedly. Sirius continued his conversation with one of the Weasley twins. Dumbledore coughed and all heads turned to him.

"There are a few things we need to discuss. Firstly this will not work unless we trust each other, secondly - "

"How are we suppose to trust each other when you clearly don't need any one unless they fit into your description of useful?"

The words left Remus' mouth before he could think them through, but he did not falter, he did not apologize. He was right after all. Everyone turned to look at him now.

"Remus, I know how you feel however it's truly a necessity that we all learn to trust each other."

"Do you? You know how I feel Albus? Please enlighten me then."

The silence was tense and Molly had just rushed into the kitchen, her hands full of a pan of food. She froze, her eyes narrowed at Remus then at Dumbledore.

"Remus, darling, what's going on?"

"Trust issues."

Remus removed himself, he stalked up the stairs to his bedroom he shared with Sirius angrily. Molly only stared at his empty place before putting the food down and turning towards Dumbledore.