Chapter 13

Date: April 16th, 2021 (Friday)

Last night Lauren's siblings confronted her about skipping school. They found out since the school obviously called home which happened to be their mom who told Maddie and Owen who in return told everyone else. To say they were angry was an understatement. Lauren told them that she was really missing her mom and that she had a nightmare about her mom dying so she needed to see her mom. Maddie and Owen didn't believe her since usually when she has a nightmare she always wakes one of them up but they just let it go since they didn't want to argue with her.

Anyway, everyone went to work and school like every Friday. Lauren wasn't happy with Owen and Maddie since they are now walking her right up to the school doors and watch her walk in since they are afraid she will skip school again.

After school, Brett was taking the three younger kids to see their mom. They are currently in the parking lot of the hospital but Lauren was getting out of the car.

"Come on Lauren. Let's go see mom," Maddie said.

"No. I don't want to see her," She said while not even looking at Maddie.

Maddie and Owen looked at each other in confusion since she always wants to see their mom no matter what kind of mood she was in.

"Why not? You always want to see her," Maddie asked.

"I just don't want to today," Lauren said while again not looking at anyone.

"Why not?" Owen asked.

Lauren was starting to get annoyed. She wasn't ready to see her mom yet and obviously, no one knows why but she just wanted them to leave her alone.

"Oh my gosh. I just don't want to see her today that's all. You guys can go see her. I will stay right here," Lauren said with an annoyed tone in her voice.

"You guys go. I will stay with her," Brett said and sat back down in the driver's seat.

----------

Maddie and Owen started walking away from the car and towards the hospital.

"There is something bothering her. I just don't know what it is," Owen said looking at Maddie.

"Yeah. I tried talking to her last night before we went to sleep but she didn't say a word to me. It was like she was giving me the silent treatment but I don't know why," Maddie said.

"Did you notice that she has been acting differently and starting to push away from us since Wednesday?" Owen asked.

"Yeah, actually I did. Something must have happened that day but I don't know what. Maybe you should try talking to her," Maddie said.

"I will try but not sure if she will actually tell me anything," Owen said.

They were now standing in front of their mom's room. Owen opened the door to see their mom and a doctor standing by her bed.

"Hey kids," Lisa said.

"Hey mom," They both said at the same time.

"Wait Where's Lauren," Lisa said confused.

"Oh, she was in a bad mood and didn't want to come in. I'm sure she is just tired, " Owen said.

Lisa knew exactly why Lauren didn't come and couldn't help but feel a little upset.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. Brad, these are two of my children. They are the twins that I was telling you about, Owen and Maddie. Owen and Maddie, this is one of my old friends Brad. He is an ER doctor here."

"Hi Brad," the twins say almost at the exact same time.

"Hi, it's very nice to meet you two. I shall get back to work and let you have some alone time with your mom," He said and walked out.

For the next hour, Maddie and Owen sat and talked with their mom about how everything is going with their lives.