Prologue

Adam

As we look out into the ocean, I relished the feel of having Ally next to me. At 19, I never knew I could fall in love with someone so young. I never knew, I could love someone so much with all my heart and soul.

As I gaze down at her, I am mesmerized by her beauty. She owns my heart, mind, body, and soul. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with her.

"Will you hold me, Adam," Ally said.

I smiled because I know what will come next.

I pulled her to me, and held her close. She closed her eyes and traced my face with her fingers, as if she were trying to memorize my face, so that even when her eyes are closed, she would know every single detail of my face.

I closed my eyes, and took pleasure in the feel of her hands caressing my face lovingly.

"I love you so much, Ally," I said.

She smiled and caressed my cheek with the back of her hand. "And I love you. With all my heart and soul," she said. "I love you today. I will love you even more tomorrow. And I will love you forever. I will love you even when my heart stops beating."

I leaned down and kissed her lips.

A month and a half later...

"Mom?" I croaked.

"Oh god, sweetheart," my said beside me while crying.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Oh honey, you got into an accident. Don't you remember?"

Then I remembered. I was on my way to meet Ally at the dock where we always meet, but as I was crossing the road, a car hit me.

"I remember," I said. "Where's Ally?" I asked.

My mom suddenly looked uncomfortable.

"What? What's wrong? What is it?"

"Sweetheart, everything is okay. Just relax," she said. "Ally had some things to take care of."

I was confused. I wanted to see her so badly, but it must be really important for her not to be here. I'm sure she'll come see me as soon as she can.

I spent another week and a half more at the hospital before I was discharged. I was told I needed to continue to undergo extensive therapy before I fully regain my strength back. But I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about Ally. I still haven't seen Ally, but my mother assured me that Ally just had an emergency that's why she hasn't come and see me yet. My mom assured me that Ally will be back soon, and will come see me. I haven't even talked to her on the phone because according to my mom, every time she called, I was sleeping or was in therapy.

Then finally, two and a half weeks later after I was discharged from the hospital, I got a message from Ally saying that she wanted to see me at the dock. I was so happy to finally hear from her and I couldn't wait to see her.

That night I went to the dock to meet up with her. There she was standing there looking so beautiful as always. I wanted to run towards her, but the doctor said that I still need to take it easy because of my leg, so I patiently walked towards her.

Once I was in front of her, I hugged her close to me. Her arms stayed limp on her sides.

I pulled back. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"I'm really glad you're okay, Adam," she said.

"I'm so happy to finally see you. I missed you so much," I said. I lifted my hand to cup her cheek. This time she didn't move away.