Chapter Two: Unexpected Company

Groaning, my eyes fluttered open as the bright sun light shined into the room through the curtains. "Geez, can you calm down a little bit?" I sat up, turning my head away. Trying not to become blinded by the light. Letting out a sigh, I looked over at the other bed in the hotel room that me and my Dad were staying in. This place had practically become our home the past few months. The bed, which was still left a mess, with pillows and sheets all over the place, was empty. My Dad wasn't here. I looked over at my phone, which was sitting on the beside table. I picked up and checked it. Maybe he had left me a message or something? I scrolled through my messages. But nothing. That was odd. Usually if he went out without me, he would leave me messages. Maybe he just forgot? It does tend to forgot things a lot.

"I'm sure he's fine." I mumbled.

I hopped out of bed, and stretched a little bit. Man, these hotel beds aren't the most luxury. But then again, I suppose they could be worse right?

Letting out a sigh, I went into the bathroom.

As I entered the bathroom, I stopped in front of the mirror, staring at my reflection. My brown hair was a tangled mess. Not to mention the dirt and grease on my face.

"Yeesh. I definitely need a shower." I muttered. But of course I didn't feel like taking forever.

Well, good thing I have super-speed. I get be ready in just a matter of seconds. Especially, if my Dad comes back and we're somehow needed at Star Labs. "Okay, let's get this over with." After turning the hote water on, I flashed out of my pajamas and into the shower.

In just a matter of seconds, I managed to: Take a shower, dry off and get dressed, do my hair, and even clean up a little bit.

Super-speed definitely has its perks.

By the time I was finally out of the bathroom, and dressed be ready, the door swung open. "Sarah?"

It was my Dad. The door opened fully, and he had greeted me with a smile. I smiled as he walked into the room. "Hey Dad. Where you were?" I quizzed, crossing my arms. Though I figured he probably just went downstairs to get breakfast or to stretch his legs.

"Oh I uh, just went to get some breakfast." Dad replied.

"Without me?" I glared.

Dad let out a soft chuckle. "Oh believe me, it's nothing to miss. And besides, actually I was going to head to Jitters. Caitlin asked to see me, and I thought I would bring you along."

Oh. I see.

So it's like a date? Well, not a date date, but still he was going to be spending some time outside of Star Labs with her. I'm sure he loved that idea.

I don't think my Dad realizes how obvious he crush on Caitlin Snow really is. While, yeah we already talked about it, but still now he's not even trying to hide it. Which gives me more reason to tease him about it. Even try to win him a real date with her.

He really needs it.

"Oh." I said. "Well that sounds like a plan."

Dad nodded his head. "Yeah. Though, it sounded pretty urgent. So I can't imagine what it's about." He told me. Urgent? I wonder if it might be about another Breacher from Earth-2.

"Well if it's urgent, then we shouldn't keep her waiting." I told him. Which he nodded.

"Yeah. Come on, kiddo." He gestured.

So, after grabbing my things, me and my Dad went downstairs to head to CC Jitters to meet up with Caitlin Snow.

•••