Chapter 12

Tobys surgery was over and we were all sat in a different room with Toby in the middle on a bed.

I wanted him to wake up but the nurse said he probably wouldn't for at least another day.

Everyone was playing on their phones.

Days had passed and he still didn't wake up, everyone was growing more and more nervous. It was his last day to show us he was still in there.

"Hey guys as you know if he doesn't wake up by midnight he will have to be put down" the nurse told us and walked back out.

"Okay so whatever happens just know Toby loves all of you guys very much and" Tobys mother voice broke, "and he will be okay I know it!"

Everyone sat in silence again too afraid to say something. The time was 10:58

We had about an hour.

I felt warm tears dart out my eyes.

Surely he wouldn't pass, we were 17 and these were supposed to be the best chapters of our life.

Before I knew it, it was 11:15 then 11:30 and 1143.

Everyone was growing more and more nervous. Then the clock struck 12.

"I'm so sorry" a nurse walked in. "All of you please say your goodbyes!" The nurse instructed.

First his parents went up then his sisters then Tom.

I walked up to the hospital bed just wishing his eyes would open but they never did.

"I know you're in there" I cried quietly "I just know it!" I sat there waiting for something, anything. "Please come back to me I love you!"

Nothing.

"Okay the life support will go off and he will pass" the doctor told us with a sad look in his eyes.

The doctor walked over to the screen and unplugged things out of Toby.

"Beeeeeeeeeeep" the heart monitor yelped.

He was dead. He was never coming back.

I woke up. What? Was this all a dream!?

I hopped out of bed and ran to Toms room. What? He still looked sad. Was there a chance this was a dream?

"Is he really gone" I asked starting to tear up.

He put his hands over his face.

"Yes" he wiped his face and turned around in his chair. "Come here" he patted his bed beside his pc for me to sit.

I did as I was told and sat down while he loaded into a Minecraft server. Now was not the time to be playing Minecraft.

"When Toby found out he was sick he put this here for you just in case" Tom told me.

The server was called 'Hi Y/N <3'

Tom walked his character in a near by house and went over to a chest. He opened it slowly and pulled out a book and quill.

He left the room with the book in hand.

I opened it and sat in his chair.

'I'm so sorry if your reading this... because well ig I'm daed' I giggled. 'But I'm all seriousness I just want to say I don't want you to be sad, these are the best years of your life and you should go out and live instead of be sad over me :) so go touch some grass and I love you so much'

The last line shattered my heart. I wanted to say I love him back to his face but I couldn't.

Tom walked back in the room to comfort me because he knew the love of my life had just died.

My book was not an end. A new chapter had ended in a not so good way. I cried it off and turned to a new chapter of my life, but sometimes it's hard to turn the page when you know someone won't be in the next chapter.

A/N it's over! I'm so sorry readers 😂 it had to be done. I loved writing this book even though it took a while but I'm back and hopefully will be writing more! Make sure to get some food and water and I love each and everyone of you guys!! <3