(Ch 1: Encounters) Episode 2: Crossroads of Destiny

The Fonist and Salvager meet up with each other once more after a while.

"Have you finished, Rex?" Alithios asks.

"Yep! Got a Muscle Belt and a new Rigid Vest for the journey! I also got some Grilled Anchortail for the ration," Rex replies.

Alithios nods before the two make their way to the docks, and look up to see the Maelstrom.

"Wheeling out the Maelstrom for this? Bana sure has deep pockets..." Rex says in awe.

Nia and Dromarch walk up behind them.

"Gawking at a boat? What are you, twelve?" Nia snarks at Rex.

The two turn to see the Driver and Blade.

"Wait, maybe you are twelve," Nia continues.

Rex steps forward, "What's my age got to do with anything? I can tell an awesome feat of engineering when I see one!"

Alithios sighs as he pushes his glasses up.

"You don't close your mouth soon, you're gonna swallow a fly," Nia snarks again.

"What's her problem? We're nearly the same age," Rex then looks down, "Also you might wanna watch where you stand, otherwise when we cast off... that rope'll take your leg off," Rex smirks smugly.

"Eh?!" Nia jumps back in surprise.

"Gotcha," Rex gloats as he rubs the back of his head.

"Why you little-!" Nia starts.

"Now look whose mouth's hanging open," Rex says smugly.

Alithios shakes his head in frustration at the lack of maturity displayed between the two before a Salvager walks up to them.

"Rex, Alithios, we're heading out. There's no one seeing you off, right? Rex, you got night watch. Till then, rest up inside," the Salvager says.

"Aye aye!" Rex answers back before turning around, "Later!"

Rex heads off while Nia hmphs and folds her arms.

"I look forward to working with you, Nia, Dromarch," Alithios politely says before walking in himself.

Nia looks at Alithios in surprise before returning to her tsundere self.

Timeskip

With everyone on board, the Maelstrom casts off towards its next destination. Alithios simply isolates himself in a room as he inspects his favorite charm... a galaxy charm custom-made by Lora 500 years ago.

'Sister. I will continue where you left off, by leading this world to a promised future,' Alithios mentally declares.

Alithios senses a presence and looks up to see Jin staring at him.

"Is there something you need of me at this moment?" Alithios asks.

"Sorry. Someone close to me made a charm similar to that a long time ago," Jin replies.

Alithios nods, "My sister made this charm for me quite some time ago. It's a miracle it survived this long."

"I see..." Jin says.

Timeskip

Later that day, Alithios and Rex are resting in separate cabins on their beds until...

"We are in position. All personnel, report to stations," a voice over the intercoms announces.

Rex wakes up first and sits on the edge of the bed.