Robotics

After I rested for about a week, my leg was getting better to where I didn't need the crutches. But I still limped a little, which was a downfall. Donnie continued to look at it, making sure it wasn't getting infected. Shol kept me in his sights on case I fell again.

When everyone was in the dojo, I came up to the middle. They all looked at me curiously, except Naomi who looked at me concerned, and I sighed, looking down.

"I'm looking for Mikey again," I announced. They all froze in their postitions, even though they weren't moving before.

I looked down and scraped my foot against the rug out of nervousness on what they say, the only audible sound in the room. It felt weird and scratchy, and I saw mini dirt clods fly up and disappear in a different part of the rug.

Leo was the one that spoke up, "Are you sure?"

"Yes," I answered calmly, looking back at him. I was determined to find Mikey again. Mikey was a friend to me when Naomi and Julie were away with their own projects. It felt like he knew me, and though him, I knew him in a way.

"Then let's try one more time..." Leo sighed, looking at everyone. They all nodded, almost as determined as I was. "And this time, we'll succeed."

"We promise, Mikito," Donnie smiled, getting up.

"Aye," Naomi said, staying down. "I'll let Splinter babysit because I'm going this time too." Then she stood up and flicked her tail, smiling at me. The other stood up after her and Leo and nodded.

I smiled in relief and my eyes were getting a little clouded so I lowered my head and wiped the tears away. They were on my side and supporting me. It was the happiest moment I could have. And they wanted their brother back, I suppose so that was another reason why they would want to tag along.

So we started getting ready and I grabbed my swords and put them to my sides on the belt I wore. I made sure they fit correctly in their deep brown sheaths before going to the main room where everyone else was standing and ready. Naomi had a belt and strap on, something that she hasn't had on since I was here. Julie had a yellow headband on, looking at Donnie. Donnie, Raph and Leo all had their belts on like they always did, and their weapons in their sheaths like they had them when they were going topside anyway.

When I came up, they all turned to me and Naomi stepped up with a smile, "Ready?" her tail flicked and I saw the black mask tails whip around from where she tied the mask up on her tail.

"Yes," I answered.

"Then let's go," Leo said.

Everyone nodded and we started toward the tollbooths and the sewer entrance. Raph and Donnie jumped over. Leo, Naomi and I just pushed through the metal rungs. The sewers were cool and I could feel the wet floor from under the rags wrapped around my feet after a while from the water soaking through. Occasional drips would make me turn my head but then turn back to the direction we were facing. We finally climbed up a ladder, Leo first, and spread out in the alley while the others climbed up. Donnie closed it.

We regroupe on the roofs where Naomi was keeping watch. I hopped up and followed beside her before falling back to Julie when Raph came up. Julie smiled at me and I smiled back. Donnie ran ahead of us and Julie smirked before pouncing on him. I giggled as Donnie cried out and fell with the fluffy green Julie on his back with her position playful. They soon fell behind.

Leo finally stopped above one roof and peered down, looking around the building. As I came closer, I noticed it was the cathedral. I frowned in concern and then looked at everyone around me. Naomi had a hard expression, Raph a calm one, Leo a stern and, when Julie and Donnie caught up, Julie looked at the building with a disappointed look, Donnie an almost as calm expression as Raph.