Hidden

© 2015 SilverStream22. All Rights Reserved.

Zedd ft. Foxes - Clarity (Moseqar Remix)

"Half brother? Mikhail? No. He- what?! No!"

Hyperventilating was not a good idea, but my body decided that now was a good time than ever.

"I'm just as stressed as you are over it." he assured.

"But...how?" I felt like a stress ball, I coul feel my blood pressure rising and my heart rate skyrocketing.

"Katya, control, remember. Control." he said softly.

I breathed in through my nose and out through my mouth as I collapsed on my bed, trying to grasp my falling-apart-past. How was I supposed to tell what was real and what wasn't?

Varian paused. "Should I explain now or later?"

"Go." I insisted, my eyes rapidly scanning the plush carpet as if it was give me to answeres to the questions running through my head.

Varian closed the door behind him and I was enveloped in the moonlight that trickled from the fissure in my curtains. I needed the naked truth- no sugar coating. I needed someone who would be painfully honest. I needed Artemis.

As if hearing my silent cry for her guidance and word in this mess, she lifted the window of my room without moving a muscle, floating gracefully into my room. She was almost as pale as a ghost. "I sensed your anguish from afar. What has happened-"

"You keep track of us, right? You know all of our names and our history?" I blurted out.

"Yes," she answered cautiously, as if she knew where this conversation was going.

"Then you know that Mikhail is my half brother?"

Artemis settled next to me, pulling my head to her surprising warm lap. "First you most try and release yourself. Don't try and create you own scenarios of as to what happened."

I tried to follow her words, dropping te tension in my muscles asI calmed myself."

"First and foremost; your father was not of Anosovian blood. He was actually the grandson of the head of the Vasilakis. Your mother was very difficult and refued o marry anyone except your father whom she had what teenagers call a 'crush'. Unfortunately your father's parents married him off to your mother's best friend, Anya, who was the daughter of the Sakura family. It was a loveless marriage, but since his parents were pressuring him to produce and heir, Anya became pregnant with Mikhail and died during childbirth. Your father faced exclusion when, instead of remaining loyal to his dead wife, he remarried to your persistent mother which left Mikhail with Kendra."

"Kendra? She knew as well?"

She flicked my forehead. "Do not interupt."

I struggled to grasp with my broken trust towards Kendra and followed the rest of the story.

"Kendra wasn't as smart as she is now. Due to her inability to take care of Mikhail, she bewitched the Michaelis family to take him in and raise him. Soon enough they moved to west Virginia and started a pack."

"Then how did I get to be part of their family? Who stole me away from mine?!"

Artemis glided her hand down my face, her touch sot. "Sleep first."

"You can't keep pushing this off." 

"I can't answer a question I do not know." she insisted. "His deeds are done under the moonlight, but just like back then, he is hidden by strong magic."