Chapter 4- Dream Sharing

NOTE: Fernstar's Harekit has changed to Flykit

"Hey Harekit," said Softpaw, trying to hide blushing, she was successful.

"Hey, Sofpaw "

"Close enough."

Riverfeather smiled at the pair, while feeding Harekit's sisters, a blind black and white she kit, Honeykit and a pale grey she kit with brown spots,Specklekit. "Eh! I need new moss as well!"

"Shut up, Flykit. Do you want me to tell your mother, hmm?"

At this, Flykit's fur shot up

"O-of course n-not."

Softpaw snapped and Flykit ran back to his nest, satisfied Softpaw went back to work on the nest

"I'm sorry about my kin," she shot a slicing glare at Flykit,"he's a bit of a handful."

"I see."

Softpaw heard voices outside.

"....Did you notice my sister is always takes...."

"...the nursery jobs? Yeah I noticed..."

"....you don't think....."

"Yeah,I do...."

Softpaw then heard laughter. Softpaw then went to get moss for her obnoxious cousin, she traveled a long way just to get moss for that cousin of hers. Softpaw received smirks from her friend and sister. 'My sister I can understand, but Crevicepaw? That's just wrong.' Crevicepaw,Vinepaw and Spotleaf looked at each other. 'Mom too?!' Softpaw went to bed early, a dream immediately came, however, Softpaw wasn't scared she was used to dreams now, especially ones from that cat, Leafpool. "Harekit?"

"Softpaw!"

"We're sharing a dream,why?"

"Beats me."

"Why are you so good at speaking all of a sudden?"

Harekit shrugged his shoulders. Softpaw saw a familiar brown pelt.

"Leafpool!"

"You know this cat?"

"She visits me in dreams."

Harekit looked up in amazement.

'Wow'

———————————————————

"Softpaw, you're not going to like it but it is Tiferkit's ceremony."

Softpaw remained asleep she didn't want the dream to end,it was so....perfect...so....wonderful. Vinepaw settled next to her sister. Vinepaw looked outside "Did you see the way Specklekit was mooning him?"

Softpaw mumbled,"Oh Harekit." She chuckled. Vinepaw smirked. 'I knew it...' Softpaw's gentle snoring told her sister she was content and asleep. Her sister went to her own nest and lay there. Tigerpaw had entered Softpaw could tell by his scent. Softpaw yawned. "We won't be much longer," she told Tigerpaw,"only 3 more moons of training."

———————————————-

'2 more days' Softpaw thought with a smirk, as she looked at Tigerpaw. The young apprentice was falling low in training. It was late she knew, but she was doing the midnight patrol. With Adderwater,Waterleap (with Vinepaw) and Fernstar. Tomorrow was Vinepaw's and her warrior assessment. Softpaw went to bed late, hoping for dreams of Harekit. There he was, sitting next to Leafpool, and talking.

"Sorry Leafpool."

"Apology accepted."

Softpaw woke up with a content feeling in her belly, ready for the assessment. Adderwater met with Waterleap and discussed something, Adderwater then said," This is an individual task. No helping." Softpaw was sent into the forest near the chasm, and Vinepaw, to the marsh. Softpaw started stalking. 'This is the last day you have this name!' Softpaw quickly killed 10 mice, 5 voles and 1 bird and was busy stalking a squirrel. 'Fox dung!' She thought as the squirrel left her claws. "Time's up!" came Adderwater's voice.

"May all cats gather to hear my words!"

The clan was quickly seated

"We have two apprentices ready to become warriors. Softpaw step forward. Do you wish to uphold our code even at the cost of your life?"

"I do."

"Then by the power of StarClan I give you your warrior name, from this moment on you will be known as Softeye." Fernstar repeated the process giving Vinepaw, Vineheart.

Crevicestripe went up to Vineheart, Softeye heard him whisper,"Will you be mine?"

"Oh,yes," Vineheart blushed crazily.

Softeye went to Harekit

"I want to be your mentor," she said unaware of Fernstar standing right there